DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Ryan Burnett
[email protected] is Paypal
Denver, Colorado

I offer powdercoating. DSM parts, or anything else that will fit into my oven. All parts are cleaned and then outgassed before I spray and bake them. The outgassing helps get any oils out of the metal for better adhesion and cleaner look. All parts are baked at 400degrees for 20minutes to ensure perfect adhesion and coverage. You will need to ship the items to me, and they will be done and shipped back within two days. Full turnaround is one week including ship to me, and shipping back to you. If you need them faster i can overnight them but i will require you to pay shipping. If you just need them normal i will pay the return shipping. I work a Monday-Friday job so i have plenty of time to do this at night and i am the shipper/receiver at my job so everything will be shipped promptly Monday-Friday. I have basic colors at my house, so if you need a different color you will have to let me order it which takes 3 days to get here.. Colors can be found here: http://www.columbiacoatings.com/category_s/5.htm

Prices:
Prices are negotiable depending on the piece, size, color and any special effects you'd like, such as two toned valve, covers, etc.. But you can follow the basic price guidelines below: But remember if it fits in my oven i will powdercoat it for you.
Valve Covers: 50$ (includes ground shipping)
Intakes: 40$ (includes ground shipping)
Intake Manifolds: 55$ (includes ground shipping)
Fuel Rails: 15$ (includes ground shipping)
Wheels: 60$ each. (Package pricing available via PM ) Tires must be removed. (includes ground shipping)
Intercooler piping: 50$ a piece as long as it fits in my oven. (includes ground shipping)

Pictures of my work:

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Powdercoating

Just a reminder i'm still doing this.. Been powdercoating everything i have lately... Did the R1 rear sets, rear pegs, dsm fuel rail, dsm thermostat housing, etc, etc..

·
Site Administrator
4,661 Posts

Me likey. I may have you do this in the future to several things once I get my car "finished" here very soon.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I have been powde coating a storm lately.. I want to do all the silverware in the house but the wife shut that down.. If someone needs a special color please add a bit more to the price for the powder cost. My prices are pretty low since i do it as a hobby at home.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts

Have you tried doing a clear powdercoat on them afterwards to give them a shiny finish?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The parts im doing are "matte black" They are not glossy. I didn't want the parts glossy. There is no need to clear them to make them shiny, you just get a gloss black. I chose flat black. You'll notice the intake manifold is a gloss black which makes it shine.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Sent you a PM back, i can handle those easily..

Here is a picture of my thermostat housing I did tonight:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

You could fit my car into your oven right?

:p

But seriously, what could you do for my Cyclone IM? I wouldn't mind it powdercoated gloss silver, with gloss red letters. Think you could do that or are you limited to one color only?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I can do two colors. I can do it for 50$ that includes shipping back to you. Thanks

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I figured i would offer another service I do that goes along with powder coating. Sand blasting. I own a medium sized sand blast cabinet. If you have some rusty parts, parts that need paint stripped or parts that you want to just look new again, send them my way. My prices are very resonable mostly because I enjoy doing this stuff at home. It gives me some alone time in the garage. If you decide you want something powdercoated I can also do that after I blast them.

Prices are pretty fair I believe, and they include UPS return shipping. I work for Volkswagen in shipping so I ship daily. Let me know if you have something you need done, turn around is 1-2 days.
Thanks!

Prices include return shipping

Valve covers:30$
Turbo housings: 25$
Thermostat housings, and parts in this size area: 20$

I also do package deals, just let me know what you got, the more you send the cheaper the prices.

[email protected] to contact me.

If a mod can please change my title to powdercoat/sand blasting that'd be awesome!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Couple pictures of some parts i did for a member on here.. Bead blasted and painted bright red...

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Ya let me know mac. I did alot of stuff on my r1. Levers, rear pegs, rear sets. The matte black i have matches the black frame almost perfect.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Well, all i can say is this guy is great to work with. He is very quick and does great work for the price. He does his work in very fast turnaround time and has had excellent communication with me. After round two of powdercoating, ill post some sweet pics! You got another pm.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Thanks man. I've had a few people inquire about candy colors. I've never done a candy color. I understand how to do it, but it gets expensive due to two colors, plus i hate to "experiement" on someone's part" I just do this in the garage for fun.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Few more pictures of some more stuff i did for talonryder.. It'll ship out to you monday, thanks again!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts