DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a weird problem with power door locks... When I use the driver's side switch they work properly - when using the passenger side switch they lock, then immediately ~unlock~ on both sides. Thought perhaps the door lock linkage on this 16 yr old car was sticking or out of adjustment but lubing / freeing up the former didn't help and I don't see any way to adjust anything. Suspect that the passenger side door lock switch is faulty - any thoughts on whether this problem can be fixed without getting a new one (think they're now made of "unobtainium" now so replacements likely would be hard to find) Disconnected that switch so they'd at least work manually but would like to fix it if I can without too much trouble....

ThanksInAdvance,
Roy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Honest, folks - I really do have this weird of a problem with my power door locks and would very much appreciate some advice. Even if it's "replace the door solenoid / switch, you idiot" ! Surely someone who's viewed this post has at least a scientific wild A guess what the problem at least ~might~ be !...

Do I need to post this to the body section instead??

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 1994 Talon is doing the exact same thing. With this post being nearly 9yrs old and nobody has chimed in on where the possible problem lyes, it must not happen very often. I'll keep searching the threads for a possible fix...

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,256 Posts
Mine used to do that until I moved it three or four times, its a lock mechanism inside the door not moving far enough in the locked or unlocked position, the micro-switch then doesn't trigger properly and causes the reversal since the commanded lock/unlock position doesn't match the actual position of the lock mechanism, take the door panel off and lube everything really good and work it back and forth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I realize this is a pretty modest dream car, but they are extremely hard to come by unmodified and still running. So that is what makes this a dream car for me. I also wanted a 2gb (97-99) which is less common as opposed to a 2ga (95-96). Kind of like the difference between a Kouki and Zenki S14 Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

1 - 7 of 7 Posts