DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my ecu took a shit a while back, so got another one from the boneyard, but it was '93 ecu, so i switched the wires as per the vfaq, and it seems to run ok, except for 2 things, one, it has idle surge, but only when coming to a stop, if you have been stopped for a while it idles normal. second thing is that if you press the throttle more that about 1/4 throttle the tach starts to bounce around, decreasing eventually to zero when you get to WOT. My question is that the 90's have a different power transistor correct? if so, could that cause these problems, other than the idle surge and the screwed up tach it runs great. Thank you.

·
Registered
662 Posts
tsk tsk tsk, TRIPPLE post, mods aren't gonna like you for that:realmad: :crackit:

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
come on guys i really need your help here, i am driving it back/forth to school and it makes me and my car look really bad when i'm sitting at the stop sign and it sounds like i'm revving on every car in the other lane. Please help, thanks, Sean

·
Registered
662 Posts
Have you tested your ISC motor? I know those like to go out

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, I checked the isc before i changed the ecu, and it was fine, but i will check it again, but that wouldent alter the tach would it?:dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, finally got around to checking the isc motor again, and i think it bit the dust since the top two pins register infinite resistance, so i'm pretty sure thats why it idles wierd, but i also would like to know what is up with my tach, who here has converted 90 to 91-94 ecu, did it do this for you, the tach never bounced like this before, please help.:( :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts