DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a punishment racing FMIC kit, and i don't know what to do with power steering lines that come near the rad. It looks like they won't fit in the holes with my fmic piping going threw them. Do i just need to Grind out space for them or what can be done with them?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Remove them. You dont really need the hard line, or "cooler" as it is referred to. Most people just loop the rubber hose that goes to the cooler back to the return port on the PS reservoir. I know people get paranoid about removing it, but I have never heard of anyones power steering pump overheating.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
I just did an FMIC install myself. Just remove the cooling pipe and loop the lines. The only time I've heard anyone having issues with removal of the cooling pipe is during some intense autox.

Here's what the loop should look like. It's a little hard to tell from the pic, but I highlighted the rubber hose that feeds out of the bottom-left side of the power steering reservoir and just plugs back into the bottom-front nipple.

·
Registered
198 Posts
ALLWheelDrive69 said:
I got a punishment racing FMIC kit, and i don't know what to do with power steering lines that come near the rad. It looks like they won't fit in the holes with my fmic piping going threw them. Do i just need to Grind out space for them or what can be done with them?
I am not sure on the fitment of that particular FMIC but with my SSAC I bent my PS lines to not touch the core. If you go with this route I would say do it SLOW to make sure you don't kink the line or break it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts