DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I will be painting the interior on my new 97 Talon. The idiot before me spray painted the entire thing blue. I mean ENTIRE thing. I have been searching the old painting threads and kind of have an idea of what to do.

My only question is, how should I go about taking off the old blue paint? I just want the paint to look halfway decent, as I will be selling the car shortly, after it gets the interior painted, and the exterior sanded, primered, and painted. So should I just say screw it, and spray over the old paint? Will it at least look decent for a while?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think you guys realize the extent of the paint. I mean EVERYTHING. The vents, the dash, the door, the moldings on the door. Everything.

Imagine looking at your door panel, and then just taking a can of spray paint and spraying the entire thing without taking anything off. There you go.

I will try to just lightly sand the old paint off. If it works all the better. I am not a fan of painted interiors.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
maximum9898 said:
I wanna see how this turns out I am kinda thinking of doing this to what kind of paint are you using.
Being as I will just be selling it, I am just going to get some vinyl paint. If I was doing it correctly, I would try vinyl dye, or most likely just buy a new one the color I want.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.