DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea how to explain this, but I'm gonna try... It's driving me nuts! Ok, i bought a 94 eclipse, perfect condition, new paint, low miles, great engine...
one problem... the whole middle area between the front seats is weird. there is no armrest/console, just a sort of open bin thing with a rubber mat at the bottom (when u lift it, there is just wires underneath)
where the cig lighter and ash tray should be, it looks like it was removed and an ugly plastic peice was hot-glued over it. (i actually have the lighter), and right above the stick shift is the parcel box and another something to the left was removed and a peice of plastic was glued over. (i have no idea what was there)
SO, can anyone tell me how i can fix this? should i replace the whole middle part (if possible) , or can i just re-install the lighter/ashtray... i have no idea of how to go about this but its really ugly and i need to fix it!!
If anyone can help (if this makes any kind of sense to you) i would so appreciate it.......

PS I know most people here are guys, so let me tell u im a girl so im not all techy when it comes to this stuff, so bear with me =) by the way... are there ANY girls who post here?? :cool:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Is the car a stick or an automatic. If it was an auto next to the change tray there would have been a power/economy switch. If the car was a stick the hole would have still been there but a small coin holder was put there. They often fall out and I lost mine along long time ago. The center counsol was probably that way from the factory they did build a base model that had no extras what so ever. Though mostly I have seen the lid less counsel in Lasers I am sure its possible that they put them in Eclipse's also. The cig lighter sounds like the same thing. It sounds like a base trim model that somebody might have tryed to patch up. I have a dark gray and a Tan center counsel extra that I would get rid of PM me for details.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well, the open bin thing you are talking about sounds like the space where the cup holder should be. I had a 90 laser that had that instead of an armrest. It had a plastic piece that would fit over top of the big hole, giving you an extra little compartment to hold stuff in. With the rest of the console, its sounds like you may have to just replace that part. With all of the glueing, it may be very difficult to clean up and make it look good again.

·
Registered
374 Posts
ok im an expert on base models :D so heres what i know. i have a 91 base model. the center console never came with the cover and cup holders like the gs/t/x did. the part of the console where the cig. lighter and the coin tray are is the same throughout the models from what i have seen. the person that had it before you probably wanted something different and glued pieces of plastic to cover up the things that he/she didn't want there. my advice is to replace the whole thing instead of repairing it because if it was glued it would be a bear to get all of the pieces off cleanly and then you would still have to find the pieces like the little coin older and the cig lighter assembely. hope this helps. and there are a few girls that post on this board like turbobabe, ricegsgirl and there are a few others that wont come to mind, do some looking in the lounge and you will find them.
good luck on the car
and what color yellow is it?

peace
-Jeff

·
Registered
35 Posts
hehee i like how you said you were a girl to get all the guys to help you out... i would help you out but i'm clueless... just wanted to mention how lucky you are to get great help... :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
norcal-nonturbo said:

and what color yellow is it?

peace
-Jeff
its a lemon yellow. it looks really good cause the windows are tinted too

thx people for helping me! =) and i did find DSMgrrls website, lots of girly cars, including a pink one!

-neenee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts