DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a Talon TSI AWD on Thursday. It has 104,000 miles and has had a major tune-up at 91-95k miles. It has leather interior that is in good shape and the body has no flaws. What should I expect to pay. The seller is asking for $6525 but KBB, Edmunds, NADA say 55xx is the average value for that car and its miles.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found out that the car has a bad AC compressor. How much would it be to fix it when summer comes around. I don't want to spend to much on this car as I am trying to get out of debt.

·
Elite DSMtalker
334 Posts
8 for mine, 65500 miles
1995TsiAWD leather, power sunroof, etc......if you really want to get out of debt look into a 1G. I wish I had:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
If I was trying to get out of dept, I would not buy a dsm. There are many things that "could" go wrong, not to say they will. One more thing for awd.
Even stock...What about CW, thats not cheap:eek: (I said the c word:rolleyes: )

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My debt will be handled even if I pay what he is asking for. My point is I would like to be MORE out of debt by paying less for the same car I want. I don't mind working for my car, I worked harder than most people do for a house when I had my 3000GT.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Kagemusha said:
I found out that the car has a bad AC compressor. How much would it be to fix it when summer comes around. I don't want to spend to much on this car as I am trying to get out of debt.
Call a dealer and get a quote, try to get most of that amount taken off the price.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What a coinkydink. I just bought a '95 Tsi AWD with a bad AC compressor. I just bought a used one from dsmtrader for $80 (I sure hope it works!) , and a local shop quoted me like $250 or so for the install and recharge.

Of course, when you haggle with the guy, make sure you cite the dealer price :D

FYI, I paid 9k for mine with 78k miles, but came with all the mods shown in my profile (except the shifter).

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I paid 5600 for my 95 tsi awd, with 92k on it. Fully loaded. I was very happy. He had it sticker priced for $7500 or so, I talked him down over the phone and drove 200 miles away to pick up my baby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts