DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the dsmtrend 720cc injectors and finally the shop which has had my car for like a month is installing the head and fuel rail. They phoned me and said the injectors dont fit. The seals are all bunched up and everything.

has anyone run into these problems?? Is there some special mounting bracket??? The shop said there to long.

suggestions, when i ordered they said plug and play no modifications needed.

thanks for any help, great service through dsmtrend though.

·
Registered
430 Posts
great service my ass, im still waiting and he said if i dont get them this week that hes gonna give me them for free, lets see if he follows thru :rolleyes:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the shop says there 90 thousands of and inch to long.

I think if there was a problem with these injectors iwould have heard about it before.

but yeh, clayton was great through out the whole deal.

thanks

·
Registered
662 Posts
I don't want to sound like I'm trying to flame you or anything, but are you keeping your FPBig28? if so, aren't 720's overkill? I read on that huge thread about the Big28 that 650's are almost overkill and that 625's are prefect

[edit] I just read your sig "everything is done....", does it make that much of a fuel flow difference?

Just curious...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heres your answer, well theres a couple of reasons.

1:) denso 660cc injectors flow almost 700cc sometimes more, according to rc engineering which have tested many shipments of the so called denso 660cc injectors

2:)only reason people say to get 550cc or 625cc or 650cc or whatever for the fp t28 is because thats all that is needed for the turbo. People told me i would have trouble tuning the large injectors. But thats only the case with the apexi safc( not being able to lean it out enough, and a crappy idle). Heres the big BUT,i have dsmlink which adjusts deadtime and global fuel settings. I can lean the injectors out however much i want too. As well have a perfect idle( according to atleast 10 other dsmlink users which are running 720cc injectors on vaious turbos including the fpt28).
I will let you know what i get my car back on friday.

3:) i will be able to support a high cfm turbo in the future,if iever want one. I have to be honest though i dont plan to upgrade the turbo. Im pretty much finished with mods, dont plan on running new pistons or rods or cams.

I got everything ported, car runs like a dream. Before the car went into theshop over a month ago i was pushing 280 horsepower to the wheels with only 16 psi. I was getting crazy knock at 5000 rpm and higher though. So horsepower number quickly dropped once i reached that point. Because i was running 98% duty cycles on my injectors at 5000rpm and up, so the 450cc injectors were maxed out.

When i get the car back its got a new clutch, fidanza flywheel ported head. New valves, seats, guides, seals, gaskets( had a leak before at the throttle body), hrc front mount, 720 cc injectors.
So after the 500-600 mile break in i hope to turn the boost up to 21psi. I should see a hudge improvement. Hoping for 300-330horsepower to the wheels.

sorry for the bad typing, its still early here.....

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone, comments please???

·
Registered
221 Posts
I was having the same problem with 550cc RC Engineering injectors. I thought I would be able to control the excess fuel with the S-AFC... and ALL KINDS OF ANSWERS CAME UP. Gotta get the regulator(on it's way), check the impedance, gotta buy this, do that and then this....man!!! Ended up taking them off.

m3the01: Did you ever solved the problem? Let me know.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well horsepower did come to about what i was expecting, constant 319 to the wheels. But that was after a lot of guessing and playing with things trying to figure out problems. From the last post upgrades included rewire to the 3000gt turbo fuel pump(this is what mainly solved the problems). See what was happening was no matter how much i raised my fuel through dsmlink i was always going to go over 890-900 on the egts in third, never even made it to forth. I was going to pay like 300 dollars for a propper fuel pressure regulator but one night just decided to do it. Couldnt hurt right? Well that solved my egt problems completely, but horsepower only stayed at a constant like 290 to the wheels with minimal drop at 6000rpm. So i wasnt exactly happy. But remember this is to the wheels so it was pretty damn fast still.

But back to the fuel problem, when egts were going through the roof i decided to get water injection(before i did the fuel pump rewire). So everything was good, we i thought. Hp was good, thought i could get a little more out off the engine with water injection. Hoping the more dense cooler air would increase my HP.

Installed the water injection and bamn, Hp went down to constant like 278 to the wheels. Turnit off back up to 290 to the wheels. So i was pretty pissed off. But then i found out the key to water injection, before running no water injection i could raise timing. But after water injection was turned on i had zero knock( i think its better to tune for like 0.5-1 degree of knock), so my Hp dropped to the 278 to the wheels. Turned up my timing a degree at a time, and watched my Hp go up like 6Hp to the wheels every degree of timing i added. Eventually took it up to 5 degrees, around 23 degrees at full timing under WOT. I now have a constant 23 degree of timing with minimal knock, less the 1 degree poping up here and there. But Hp to the wheels is 319Hp to the wheels on a hop 90 degree day. To give you a idea on how temp affects everything, the roads got nice a clear, car was still completely tuned for summer. Took off in second gear i hit 360hp to the wheels on both the gtechs and blitz was reading 358hp to the wheels. This i found is the most accurate way to measure Hp here in edmonton canada because there is no awd dyno's.

If you dont believe i dont care, look at my kills. Such as ZO6 twice pulled on him in third. If you know anything about ZO6's their strongest gear is third. But im not here to debate this. Its early in the morning and i can barely type. Still to early.

just food for thought.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry when i hit 360 to the wheels the temp outside was 2 degree in canada which im not sure what that is in the states.
Thats my point about increase in hp when its cold.

thanks,
steven

1 - 10 of 10 Posts