DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any recommendations?

I'm so tired of the ones I got I need to make some new ones.
:dunno:

And I dunno, I listen to crazy shit noone else does so I have to make mine because they don't have what I want.

Well that and paying for this kind of stuff sucks.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Find a mp3 to wave converter program. Convert your mp3s into wave files and then just open those new wave files with the program sound recorder. Use that to cut out everything from the songs you dont want. Then convert it back to an mp3 or whatever type of file you need it to be to use as a ring tone.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Adobe Audition. You can download a cracked version on Piratebay.org I've used that program for years and it's simple to use. You can even mix different wave files (songs) on multiple tracks and combine/save them as one song

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just use http://myxertones.com. You are able to just use your own music and cut it up to make a ring tone. You just send it to yourself as a media text message, then just save it. Wala any ring tone you want. Its all free. I use it for all my tones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Use myxertones at your own risk. Just letting you know I have got viruses from myxer on my computer and on my phone. I had to get my phone replaced because it would freeze up after I downloaded a ringer to my phone. One of my friends works for sprint and he told me that he has seen many phones that had to be replaced because of myxer.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Use myxertones at your own risk. Just letting you know I have got viruses from myxer on my computer and on my phone. I had to get my phone replaced because it would freeze up after I downloaded a ringer to my phone. One of my friends works for sprint and he told me that he has seen many phones that had to be replaced because of myxer.
Lol, use flexilis for a firewall/anit-virus. Disregard the fact that you can't recieve calls or check voicemail. Ask me how I know.

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sony
acid
pro

Be an engineer, be a winner.

MP3 Pro works well, if you can connect your phone to a PC.
I have an LG dare, I can connect it, or cut up the songs and load them on the SD card. Then all I have to do is try to "send" the file to someone else from my phone and it allows me to save it as a ring tone. Silly but it worx.

I used to use Sony sound forge (cracked) but the Mp3 cutting device only works for like a month or something and then you gotta buy some shit or you lose it.

So I does not haz any cool ring tones anymore. :( I'm glad someone else mentioned being leery of the internet based send it to your phone ones. Cause I sure fucking am.

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used Bitpim years ago. The connecting via BT was not available back then. It's how I got stuff on Laurens old Razr and such.

·
Elite DSMtalker
679 Posts
I use windows movie maker to work on music files, then transfer the mp3 to the phone and use it as a ringtone. Simple and easy.

·
Honorary Administrator
2,511 Posts
I've been searching all over to find a good program for this exact reason... I used to use Motorola Phone tools, but I reformatted my PC and you can't start using it without a Motorola attached to the PC :eek:

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah it won't bring up the menu to assign driver philes until you connect the phone. Er... wait... no that's right. MPT I just used for the update which would lock the phone open so I could go in and do what I wanted to do with BitPim.

I no haz motorola though. I have the Dare and she has the Venus. But she doesn't even use the thing so she could care less. I just like to have a bunch of ringtones so I can tell who is calling me before I dig it out of my pocket, or while I'm driving. And to annoy the general populace.

·
Honorary Administrator
2,511 Posts
Yea same here :rofl: That way I know if it's worth my time to answer it or not...

I have a Curve now and I sold both my old Razr's so I can't get it workin' either :tear:

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But why do you need MPT for a curve? That doesn't make sense?

Just download BitPim. Doesn't the curve come with the charger / USB cable like all the phones do now? You should be able to get in as long as the computer sees the phone.
BitPim connects like SWAT kicking in your door. Its not fucking picky.

Its also gets you far enough to brick the fuck out of your phone if you are a dumb ass though. So - know what you are doing previous to pushin' buttons...

Or are you trying to connect via BT or something ?

·
Honorary Administrator
2,511 Posts
But why do you need MPT for a curve? That doesn't make sense?

Just download BitPim. Doesn't the curve come with the charger / USB cable like all the phones do now? You should be able to get in as long as the computer sees the phone.

I don't need it for my curve. I used it to create ringtones when I had my Razr, and I found it EXTREMELY easy to use. I like the way it works. I was going to use it to create new ringtones (since it makes .mp3 files).

Yes, my phone obviously can connect to the computer :rofl: What I do now is just put a bunch of files right onto the phone and use regular songs, but I'd like the ringtones to start at certain points. I've got a ton of regular music on it, but only a few that are good as ringtones.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts