DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Kurt for the suspension.
Progress Springs w/ KYB GR2's

Sits to low for me, so hopefully my friend wants to trade me his Pro-kit for them soon. They ride like stock though, which is amazing enough.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Looks great.
But my GR-2's didn't last long after I put them on Tein Springs.
You should look into getting some AGX's.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
winterwarz said:
I like the look! Have you had any camber issues with them yet?
Only have had them on for a few days. Then my slave decided to go out on me. :mad:

I will be getting a rear camber kit soon, and unfortunatly I think I may need a front also.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I agree I had my spring strut set-up with dropzone springs and GR-2's..

I personaly think the GR-2's are as basic as the KYB's that came from the factory on our cars

AirZoom said:
Looks great.
But my GR-2's didn't last long after I put them on Tein Springs.
You should look into getting some AGX's.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Thats pretty damn low haha. I dont htink my front bumper will last if my car was that low.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lunereclipse said:
Wow thats a really good drop, how is the ride though?
Rides better than on my stock springs/shocks. I'm not sure if it was because of the old age/milage on them, but the car doesn't bounce over any bumps or anything. I could not want them to be any smoother.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thats awesome, I'm trying to figure out the best spring/shock combo for my gsx. Those have the exact drop I want, and if were thinking the same thing then it looks like I'll be going with those springs. I wonder how much better tokicos or agx would feel... hmm lol.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
It's not the springs that make it low in the front it's the shock bodies. The KYB AGXs I had before the GR2s didn't do that.

Keep the springs they are awesome, change out the shocks if you're that worried or do what I said in the PM like I had, it will even out.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
K_Mans_TSI said:
It's not the springs that make it low in the front it's the shock bodies. The KYB AGXs I had before the GR2s didn't do that.

Keep the springs they are awesome, change out the shocks if you're that worried or do what I said in the PM like I had, it will even out.

I will be adjusting them soon. I think then I will be going with some better struts in spring.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
Oh no doubt, just don't trade the springs they are the best riding springs I've ever felt.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
I got them originally from Extreme Motorsports. They no longer have them listed on the site you'll have to find a progress dealer.

·
Registered
544 Posts
K_Mans_TSI said:

How does the shock determine ride height? It's only there for dampening. The spring is what determines your cars ride height.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If the body of the shock is shorter than another, you can only clamp it so far down the body. If the other shock has a longer body, you can clamp it furthur down, causing the spring to compress less, creating a smaller drop.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Sorry. Failed to read about the shorter shock body. Thought we were comparing shock/struts of the same length.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts