DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Elite DSMtalker
5,037 Posts
Sc0l3x said:
Hi, a friend told me about a Propane Injection System for a diesel engine. On ebay i found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1871451119 it is the Mizer Injection System.. I can't find anything online about it. Is it for real? Would it even work? I have a '90 2.0 N/T Talon.. any info at all would be appreciated. Thanks.
Run a search here for propane injection, there was a HUGE thread on it just a bit ago. There is also currently a parts review thread on it in the parts review section.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
i have one installed and love it, i am running 20+ psi on a Big 16G Denso 190 and stock 450s. my AFC readings are around -15 across the board with a 2G MAS...the extra fuel you get is amazing, i plan to be able to run a t3/t4 setup on 450s :eek: we'll see how that goes..

·
Registered
95 Posts
propane injection huh

you guys have really sparked my intrest on this subject.

Has anyone put any data logs up before and after installing this set up?

I know propane, water,and methanol injection each has their good and bad points but your opinions which is best for street/strip use?

·
Registered
778 Posts
eyebrowski said:
i have one installed and love it, i am running 20+ psi on a Big 16G Denso 190 and stock 450s. my AFC readings are around -15 across the board with a 2G MAS...the extra fuel you get is amazing, i plan to be able to run a t3/t4 setup on 450s :eek: we'll see how that goes..
Was it hard to tune?
How often do you have to refill tank?
How much did it impact O2 level?
What boost could you run with minimal knock and timing pull before propane?
What is your timing and knock now at high rpm's in 3rd at 20 psi?
What is the highest boost you can run now without timing getting pullled below 15?

Thank you.

Joe

·
Registered
270 Posts
Was it hard to tune? Not hard if you have proper gauges and logger

How often do you have to refill tank? small 5# tank normally lasts 3-4 gas tank fill ups and costs $2.50 to fill

How much did it impact O2 level? It is an additional fuel source so your O2s will richen, you will need a fuel computer to pull some fuel to get back to normal O2 levels

What boost could you run with minimal knock and timing pull before propane? Our numbers and numbers from many others running same pump gas b4 propane and after propane you can gain average 4-6 psi without knock

What is your timing and knock now at high rpm's in 3rd at 20 psi? I think that is better answered by a DSM guy, our numbers are not DSM specific

What is the highest boost you can run now without timing getting pullled below 15? again, I think that is better answered by a DSM guy, our numbers are not DSM specific

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
joereitman said:

Was it hard to tune?
How often do you have to refill tank?
How much did it impact O2 level?
What boost could you run with minimal knock and timing pull before propane?
What is your timing and knock now at high rpm's in 3rd at 20 psi?
What is the highest boost you can run now without timing getting pullled below 15?

Thank you.

Joe

hey, it was not very tough to tune...i ran extremely rich at first but i turned down the amount of propane injected with the needle valve then made fine adjustments with my AFC. i have a small #10 tank and it has lasted me about a month as a dily driver. sorry i dont have any o2 readings. 16psi was my max w/o much knock on 93 octane but i have run 20+ succesfully on 93 w/ propane w/ minimal (<5) knock, i have ~21 degrees of timing at the end of third.

you can check out pics of my install, and pics of the kit before install c/o www.importpoweronline at http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=255917&page=1

·
Registered
778 Posts
eyebrowski said:

hey, it was not very tough to tune...i ran extremely rich at first but i turned down the amount of propane injected with the needle valve then made fine adjustments with my AFC. i have a small #10 tank and it has lasted me about a month as a dily driver. sorry i dont have any o2 readings. 16psi was my max w/o much knock on 93 octane but i have run 20+ succesfully on 93 w/ propane w/ minimal (<5) knock, i have ~21 degrees of timing at the end of third.
Thanks for the quick response. Your feedback is helpful because per your profile page your mods are somewhat similar to mine (except I have no AFC). I would also like to see how far I can go on 450's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts