DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well im thinking that an evo III 16g isnt going to be enough to satisfy me in the long run, so im going a differnt path i want to get a .50 trim or close. I want internally gated but a big or appropriate flapper to help aid creep. I have looked and i like the PTE 50 trim and was wondering if anyone else liked or was running this turbo, i searched and found some info.

Now my problem is THIS! i cant find anywhere to get it at a decent price. i wanted to go internal gate to save some money and use a o2 eliminator downpipe (RNR's setup) this way the only thing i need is a install kit? such as gaskets, lines, and thats it? Do i need to get it ported? and everyone i hear is running a PTE 50 trim just wanting that turbo becasue i think people like it. I want to stay at a reasonable price range.

I have a chance to buy a FP3052 polished with tial and tube, and o2 housing for 1450$ from a friend with under 6k miles on it. but i was thinking about going my own path maybe cheaper and getting the nice PTE 50, RNR turbo back with o2 elim. ???? :confused:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or AGP turbo internal gates RS-49?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Whats your goal.
How fast do you want go.
The evo316g is a great turbo for the money.
There are plenty of people running 11`s with it.
You can get them for about 5$00 and you dont need to but anything extra for it like lines.
If you are really looking to go faster than 11`s than i would look at a scm61. Same price as the 50trim.
If 11`s is fast enough for you get the 16g. IMO.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom N. said:
Whats your goal.
How fast do you want go.
The evo316g is a great turbo for the money.
There are plenty of people running 11`s with it.
You can get them for about 5$00 and you dont need to but anything extra for it like lines.
If you are really looking to go faster than 11`s than i would look at a scm61. Same price as the 50trim.
If 11`s is fast enough for you get the 16g. IMO.
Well i want around 350-450awhp after ALL said and done. I going to be tuning with SAFC 2/MAFTtrans 3"/UEGO combo. i want something capabile of getting full boost around or at 3,500 or even 3,750. I want to have room to expand if i want to thats why im causious about the EVO 16G.

The tech quiestion is wheather or not the EVO's going to be enough or am i going to have to go as technical as a .50 trim :rolleyes:

·
Registered
631 Posts
hey what's up man, i live in the columbia area...do i know you. Second if you do a little searching there are plenty of threads that compare these 2 turbos.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whiteonyx86 said:
hey what's up man, i live in the columbia area...do i know you. Second if you do a little searching there are plenty of threads that compare these 2 turbos.
I dont know whats your name? car? PM me with info. I had a 97 Dark Gray GST with a b16g and full mods with factory chrome rims. Well now i have a 98 GSX with light mods and working on a good set up

·
Registered
92 Posts
The 60trim will give you full boost between 4000-4200, the 50 trim around 3800, and the evo 3 will give you full boost around 3000-3200. The evo3 turbo can get you to your hp goals, but it will be more expensive since you will need a 6 bolt motor, etc. At this time I haven't heard of anyone making big#'s on the evo 3 without a six bolt and alot of supporting mods. The 50 trim and 60 trim can both meet your goals with your current 7 bolt motor, but with more lag. The 60 trim can make more power then the 50 trim, but will spool slower.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts