DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I just purchased a 92 Laser AWD. It has some uhhh PROBLEMS, but I hope I can get it to hold together long enough to retire my current autocross car and run this one next season. So far this is the bad...

Smokes on startup

Exhaust has no muffler from cat back. I wonder if this hurts power?

Oil Guage does not funtion

Noise like the lifters are clicking

Tires are of all different makes and tread deapths

Passenger window barely goes up

Liftgate wont stay open and fuel door has to be pryed open

Previous owner says it is way out of alignment. I hope it's not more because on smooth roads it's fine, on bumps it is almost undrivable above 55 because it darts and kicks threw the steering wheel.

Good Points

Turbo seems to be tight

I like the color.

·
Registered
457 Posts
umm thats a lot of probs

i think the lifter tick just happens live with it.. think theres a way to lessen it they can help

exahust wont really hurt, its just going to beloud as shit

·
Honorary Administrator
17,452 Posts
That is alot of problems but they are all relatively easily fixed. If you spend one hardcore weekend on the car you would have it back into shape.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have always wanted a Eclipse/Talon/Laser, and it just happened that I traded a second vehicle I had for it. I traded a 92 Jeep Cherokee with 169K on it and it's own problems. BTW the Laser has 107K.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did some checking (as any newbie should do) for a couple days before posting. It appears that the window possibly could be fixed by cleaning contacts and window track. The lifters seems to still be in debate as to what works best. The engine probably is smoking because of valve seals, but isn't major.
I have perfomed one mod that I found on this site already. I removed the lower honeycomb in the intake and took the metal star looking device out of the end of the canister.

·
Registered
319 Posts
the silencer.... lifter tick can be fixed with the new style lifters... buy some rims and youll have all the same tires.... and youll get and alignment at the same time....go to the wreckers and get a new liftgate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts