DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think that jb weld can stand up against the hot temps of the inside of a downpipe? I want to weld a little lip onto the thing , because air is leaking through their and the o2 housing. I had a dp made at a local muffler shup and i was comparing it to the stock on and i noticed there was a little lip on that one that kind of tucks into the o2. Any help would be appreciated.- Thanx

·
Registered
827 Posts
I will most likely burn up and drop off

·
Honorary Administrator
3,438 Posts
I doubt it. I have some JB Weld on the valve cover but I think that's the extent of the heat it can take.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know if theres perhaps any kind of epoxy that could withstand exhaust temps? Or anything besides welding?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Qualco muffler, joint and crack sealer.

there is this stuff called qualco that is a exhaust joint and crack sealer that works pretty well. I had a few leeks around my o2 sensor and i put some of that stuff on there and it has held up for about 4 months now. I am not sure what you are really trying to due but for little leaks this stuff works pretty well , i think you could buy it at auto zone or maybe a muffler shop.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much 97 gsx tech, thats exactly what i was looking for. Im having that same problem, from my 02 housing to my dp theres a freakin leak. Not to big, but big enough that its frying the gasket. Im going to auto zone tomorow. Thanx again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts