DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of rebuilding my tranny and I ran into a problem and I cannot seem to get it figured out. Maybe its the lack of sleep ;-). I have the tranny all assembled and 1-2 and 3-4 work fine. When I hand tighten the nut on the 5th gear assembly I can get into 5-R. When its torqued down it will not budge its like the 2 gears are not there. As soon as I remove the bolt and just make it hand tight again it works. I have no clue what I am doing wrong. I have been over it and over it, everything seems to be assembled correctly, does anyone have any ideas? THANKS! :)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In case anyone cares :). My problem was that a the highlighted gear below was upside down. I turned it over and everything works great. Assembled everything and its back in the car and running again.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
iLLt3ck said:
where exactly is that bolt located? I just installed a "new" tranny from a 90 TSI, and I know 5th and R are there just don't know what to adjust to get them to show up!
The bolt I was referring to was #15.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts