DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I found an eclipse for sale at a dealership type place. It only has 64,000 miles, and the price is $4500. Its a 5 speed too. On the bluebook site they had a carfax search where you can type in the vin of a car and it gives you the info on how many records were found but you have to pay 20$ to see them. I dont think this will show me if it has crankwalk. Do you guys think it would? I was wondering if there would be a way to check it. and if you guys out there could give me advice id appreciate it.

Thanx Troy

·
Registered
353 Posts
test drive, compression test, look for the walks symptoms, if everything is ok, jump on it man.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Ineedatalon, did you check out that car? Im jw how it went cuz it sounds like a nice deal and i hope it goes well for ya. Also, what do you look for in terms of crankwalk signs and what readings do i want in a compression test.... Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not for sale yet I guess

hey Kevin I called on it, and was going to go look at it but the guy said that it wasn't for sale yet because they had to inspect it and do some stuff to it, so i don't know what the deal is on it. If i get time tomorow I will call them again. If you want more info on crankwalk go to this site and look around:
www.vfaq.com/index-main.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
o one more thing

I posted this same topic on dsmtuners.com and a guy said that if you are turning to the left on a manual trans and the clutch goes to the floor that the car is crankwalked thats the only real symptom that somebody told me about. I also heard something about the crank pulley making some noise if the car is crankwalked?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts