DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay guys can a stock 93tsi hold a 100 shot of nitrous? with the proper fuel delivery?
what do you guys think a 100 shot would put a stock tsi in the 1/4 mile?

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,281 Posts
Ugh....you DON'T NEED NITROUS :slam: to go fast with these cars....that's the beauty part. K&N, boost controller, fuel pump re-wire, and an exhaust should put you into the 13's with a good driver. Read, read, then read some more about these cars. They can be quite fun with a little bit of money and a little bit of knowledge ;) Nitrous on a stock DSM is like having sex with your mom.....it's just plain wrong.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I wouldn't go above a 75 shot, but he's right, nitrous should be your last resort =).

·
Registered
995 Posts
damnslowtalon said:
Nitrous on a stock DSM is like having sex with your mom.....it's just plain wrong.
LOL .... I guess a 75 shot on a BPU DSM could run 12s easy on pump gas and minimal boost?

If I am not mistaken, and correct me if I am remembering wrong, I thought I had read about people running 11s with a 16g and N20, but I can't remember all the other supporting mods???

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,281 Posts
My point was, that instead of spending several hundred bucks on an N20 kit and going fast for a few seconds, why not spend that several hundred bucks and be able to go fast all the time? Seems logical to me :confused::)

The only way you'd ever catch me using nitrous oxide is if I had an insanely huge turbo (with the supporting mods, of course) that I wanted to help spool and stay spooled, and even then a 55 shot would be plenty.

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,849 Posts
Nitrous and high boost isn't exactly an easy thing to tune. Do all the bolt ons learn as much as possible. Then do nitrous as one of the last things. This way you will minimize the chance of blowing up your engine. It's very unpractical to use on a daily basis. Plus, we all know nitrous is cheating and it's only for wimps :D ..

·
Registered
995 Posts
damnslowtalon said:
My point was, that instead of spending several hundred bucks on an N20 kit and going fast for a few seconds, why not spend that several hundred bucks and be able to go fast all the time? Seems logical to me :confused::)
I totally agree with you... N20 is a a way to make your car faster, but not necessarily the best way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i already have a kit laying around, should i use it?? i plan on doing all the other stuff but i just have a kit layin around, its a ZEX dry kit with a 55 shot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts