DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was wondering if anybody has some recommendations on 2.5" downpipes and the 2.5" cat. I've been to the DSM reviews site but I've found that some sources are not yet listed... I'm a DSM'r that believes you get what you pay for...generally speaking. I would like to do the downpipe and cat at the same time. I'm leaning towards Buschur's stainless set-up. I am currently running a 3" Thermal Catback system, that I love btw! I have all the free mods, bleeder valve, K&N, boost gauge, run at 16 psi. As you can see I'm working on finishing what's popularly called Stage 1 mods. Also; is the super AVC-R, the best... and where might I find a Toddz Modz Ecu? I saw it mentioned on a reply. I drive a '91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD up in the Rocky Mtns. Thanks in advance!

------------------
'91 Talon Tsi AWD

·
Registered
43 Posts
First off, GO WITH THE 3". If $$ is the prob, save up, you wont regret it.
Second Skip the cat, major power killer. I know Extreme sells a 3" DP and 3" test pipe, so you can just switch in you cat when inspection time comes (if your concerned about the enviroment, dont be. were all doomed any way :)
Third the AVCR seems neat,i've seen it in action and am not impressed, buy a manual controller and take the extra 400 and buy injectors so you can start making power
forth go to www.tmo.com

------------------
Tony
95 GSX
96 TSI
90 GST

[This message has been edited by 4npower (edited August 30, 2000).]

·
Registered
217 Posts
Personally, I think I'm going with a 2.5" and cat. My car is a daily driven and I don't want foul smelling ehxuast gases. Dan from MachV performance told me that the Buscher 2.5" dp and cat is good enough for 350hp. Good enough for me.

ed

------------------
'99 GST
http://www.geocities.com/mospeed9844
Akimoto Air Fitler
GReddy BOV
GReddy Intercooler Piping
GReddy Cat-Back
GReddy Profec B
Front and Rear Strut Bars

·
Registered
217 Posts
QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone with a 2.5" dp (or even a 3"), do ya'll have problems removing the oil filter???

ed

------------------
'99 GST
http://www.geocities.com/mospeed9844
Akimoto Air Fitler
GReddy BOV
GReddy Intercooler Piping
GReddy Cat-Back
GReddy Profec B
Front and Rear Strut Bars

·
Registered