DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Unless you've been at the track with them, god they suck. They're loud and buzzing, great for making headaches. Only vw beetles with straight pipes are harsher and not by much.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thats sorta what I figured was the reason. I have no idea how the Hondas sound so much different than other 4 cylinders, mine has sort of a deep tone and is not very loud but I heard an awful sounding prelude the other day that made my ears ring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The chance of them tearing an engine down is pretty slim.
The head was just got finished being "re built" and shaved 20thou. The car has a power rack thats been set up as a manual rack, p/s pump lines all that stuff is gone. All a/c stuff is gone. EVAP stuff is all gone. Car has been dewired to the bare essencials to make it start and run.

At the big year end invatational I finished 10th and looping the car trying to catch the 3rd place car on lap 28 of 40. With a full field of 32 cars.

The car works good, it just needs more tho

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
And the weigh sounds good until they start adding weight to slow the car down. Twin cam 16 valve mazda came out last year and blew everything away by 3/4 track. Its amazing what 150lb weight penalty will do lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
I race on a 1/4 mile banked oval also. mostly the same rules. stock motor, stock susp, take out as much weight as you can put in a role cage and seat and harnes and go racing. no hi performance parts. if so hide them well. If you want to know more find a local oval that has 4cyl racing. one that I know of is bigcountryspeedway in cheyenne wy. they have their rules posted on their website. by the way no turbos, cold air, or headers. if there are mods they must not be obviouse.

·
Registered
281 Posts
What about UD pulleys? It's not a lot but if it's legal it's better than nothing. And if you haven't already, get some good rims to shave some weight off.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I also live in Canada and near me I used to run stock 4 class and if you were challenged then they would either scope your car or take the head off. if you were all legal then the challenger had to pay to put the car back together and if you were illegal then you were givin a one year ban for pretty much being a dumbass. but i also had a set of trains that had a 350 bored out that we restamped so if they scope it they were stamped with stock size pistons just one dirty little secret.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As far as pulleys all im running is the alt. not sure what you meant by UD. but there is no PS or AC. I am still working on the rims. I found an aluminum one off an Avenger that fit. I got the car with no rims and took the ones off my Laser before I let it go to the crusher. wish I had it back now. I am also thinking about taking the CAT off and running just a muffler but worried about back pressure or the lack of. We are not allowed mirrors at are track and some cars are loud enough I can hear what side they try to pass on and I am hesitant to give them the same advantage if mine is also loud.

·
Registered
281 Posts
UD = Underdrive but since you already pulled the PS and AC doesn't really apply to you. And I'm not so sure if the muffler alone will provide enough back pressure on our NT cars. If you really want to take it out though, you might be better off replacing it with a high flow model.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Turbo motors are probably hard to come by in Canada.
If you know where to look, they're pretty easy to find. I posted a WTB and within a week I picked up a 6-bolt long block with an external oil cooler, IM, exhaust manifold, AWD trans, transfer case, clutch for $200.

OP, got some pictures of this beast?

·
Registered
281 Posts
21 - 35 of 35 Posts