DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have push many ff cars to the max. Now I own a 1g TSi and the feeling is way diff cuase it's 4wd. Just a few Q's on racing tecniqs.

1) What RPM do you rev at when you launce or take off?

2) What RPM do you shift at like 7,000 or 7 1/2?

3) Do you power shift or reguler shift or double clucth or all? :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
im kinda new at this as well but... when racing i suggest slipping the clutch instead of just dumping it to help out on the life of your tranny, and when shifting just shift when you feel the power starting to drop off it would be easier to tell if you had a dyno sheet to show you more acurately. I would say that shifting very fast in a stock 1g tranny might also be hard on it unless you have double synchros or something along those lines but i might be way off :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I launch around 5,000 rpm and slip the clutch. it's fun, but kinda hurts your back if you're not paying attention.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i launch at 5-5.5, but there are plenty of posts about this in the racing forum i believe, may want to check that out.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
well since you have a 1990 you prob have a 3-bolt rear and i would not suggest launching at 5k..you are just wishing to drop your rear end..if you want to take full advantage of your awd, swap to a 4-bolt but with your 3-bolt i wuld say around 4k

·
Registered
252 Posts
my 3 bolt has takin numerous 5k launches and still works fine, maybe i have just been that lucky???

·
Registered
313 Posts
3-bolts arent THAT weak, I've seen guys make plenty of passes on 3-bolts with welded CD's do 5,500-6,000rpm launches. for now you dont really have to worry about swapping rear ends yet. but like someone else said dont just dump the clutch, slip it out real quick, theres also plenty of information on launching tech. all over the board, you should run a search.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts