DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it that screw on the throttlebody? the BISS screw?

my car idles at aroun 500rpm.. so its kinda lumpy.. I would like to raise it to around 750.. I tried turning that screw counterclockwise and it did raise the idle to that level.. then I reset the ECU and it was back to 500,, ?? if I turn the screw too much a hissing noise occurs.. what the hell is that?

·
Registered
827 Posts
I believe that the hissing is air escaping b/c you pulled the screw out too far. And yes, that's the BISS

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well then im sol because it wont raise the idle any now before it starts hissing.. there must be another way..

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That article is about idel surge my idle doesent surge, its just too low.. its stready and pretty consistant.. but its just too low (a tad under 500rpm) so it causes the car to be kinda jerky at low speed low accelerations... what I want is to RAISE the idle.. its alreayd smooth, just too low.

·
Registered
548 Posts
my car idles at aroun 500rpm.. so its kinda lumpy.. I would like to raise it to around 750.. I tried turning that screw counterclockwise and it did raise the idle to that level.. then I reset the ECU and it was back to 500,, ??
I did that too but I didn't reset the ECU and it worked fine for me. Is your throttle body dirty?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Right, but the troubleshooting steps that are listed there could fall into your situation too.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
but its just too low (a tad under 500rpm)
are you sure your reading it right?
the 1st tic after zero is 500, notice how its slightly bigger then 600-900

bov venting ?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok.. my bad it idles just between 0 and 1.. but I FINALLY got it to idle just below 1.. and believe it or not is runs MUCH better.. I have no idea why but it does.. Im retarded...

·
Registered
412 Posts
The hissing noise is air going out. It could also be that the o-ring on the screw is going bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts