DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it seems like my clutch is dying. I must be having too much fun. Anyway I called Sunrise Mitsubishi to see if they sold the CenterForce Dual Friction, but, they were pushing the RAM Powergrip Clutches.

Has anyone used one of these, I'm not familiar with them. Any idea what their clamping force is? I went to their web site but it wasn't very helpful.

------------------
95GSX

·
Registered
729 Posts
Id say order an act. They outlast the centerforce and they are less expensive too. I got the 2100 for my awd because i was worried about pedal pressure. The pressure feels the same or less than stock, so i wish i got the 26 for the ultimate holding power.

·
Founder/Former Owner
5,120 Posts
Ditto! I'd say the 2600 has become one of the favorite AWD clutches out there. I have had one for a while and I like it. There was a previous thread in this forum discussing some of its attributes, might want to take a look for it.

------------------
** Ted-95 GSX **

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well my wife has to drive the car too, so I thought the ACT 2600 might be too much for her. That's why I was interested in the Centerforce.

It's funny, yesterday I got my car washed at a drive in car wash. I pulled up the emergency brake and got out. The kid attendant got in was using two hands to try and release the emergency brake. It was all I could do to not start laughing.

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
I asked around about the Ram clutches a few years ago and I think I was told by summit that they used a stock pressure plate with a different material on the clutch face. I was told that they wouldn't be any good for a modified car because they were meant for a stock or very lightly modded dsm. I would go ACT 2600 also. :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
How often does the wife drive the car? If she drives it a lot, she'll get used to it(2600), if she doesn't drive it much, then don't worry about it.

Ok, maybe thats a bit insensitive. If you plan on keeping it under 350hp the 2100 should be totaly fine and like i said, it feels like stock to me and maybe less. The ACTs are the most reliable/durable.

·
Registered
769 Posts
greenstreak is right. I heard the same thing from a couple of people. RAM clutches use the stock style pressure plate. It would be a waste to get one of those. Might as well get a stock replacement from Pep Boys and save the $200.

------------------
'92 Eclipse GS 2.0L NT
http://www.geocities.com/trueracers

·
Registered
729 Posts
I've got a couple month old used stock cluch i will give you. it is still in great shape(other than that its sat in my garage for almost two years). I am throwing it away otherwise. You can have it, but you have to pay shipping.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the offer GSXALEX, but i'm going to go the performance clutch route. which means the RAM is out of the question now. I'm still deciding between the Centerforce and the ACT. I'm getting a pretty good deal on the Centerforce for $360.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts