DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

2241 - 2260 of 2472 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
7MGTE? My good friend has one. They take well to basic bolt-ons like a DSM, intake, exhaust, the FMIC is restrictive an aftermarket one is a lot more efficient. They're pretty slow, but fun cars. I find them pretty advanced for their times.

7M is a good engine but it's known for blowing headgaskets due to undertorqued headbolts from the factory. A set of ARP's torqued down solves that issue. My friend hasn't had any problems with his though.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Something tells me I'm going to enjoy hell.

And if I don't, at least it's hot there. Unlike fucking Canada.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Got my test batch of business cards done. I like the quality, but I was expecting a little nicer for the proposed cost ($70 for 200 cards). I have a few other places to test out before I make a large purchase.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
You know what sucks....

I haven't turned a wrench on a car out side of an oil change in over a year. It's been maybe 3-4 years since I put my motor together. Now tonight staring at the motor on the engine stand, looking at the front case, I ask myself "Self, what the hell are all these bolts/bolt holes?" Lmao. It's amazing how much you forget.

Jordan

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
You know what sucks....

I haven't turned a wrench on a car out side of an oil change in over a year. It's been maybe 3-4 years since I put my motor together. Now tonight staring at the motor on the engine stand, looking at the front case, I ask myself "Self, what the hell are all these bolts/bolt holes?" Lmao. It's amazing how much you forget.

Jordan
This is SO me.... I used to love working on cars, but the past couple of years, not so much... Buying the 88 supra inspired me a bit though and a friend and I have even started doing some things to the eclipse that I've been slacking on...

2241 - 2260 of 2472 Posts