DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am inside and hear a motorcycle fly by. Then i hear a cop. I go out to laugh at the asshole on the motorcycle get pulled over. I go down the block and well....not good. He was trying to run from the cops. He hit a car then telephone pole and slide 70 feet. Hes not doing very well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thats sad but I don't feel too bad for him, he was trying to run from the cops, he got what he deserved. The fact that he hit another driver because he made a stupid choice irritates the hell out of me.

:slam:
Stupid People

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not take a picture of the guy though. It was not pretty for sure. Don't know if he will live.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Darwin would approve if he does not make it.
While I agree it is his own stupid fault, who here has NEVER ran from a cop? He is still a human being and it is sad if he dies, no matter if it was his fault. Just my $.02

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
OlezhkA said:
bikes are made for running away from cops :)
and dying on.. or 70ft. from.

·
Registered
652 Posts
venom42 said:

While I agree it is his own stupid fault, who here has NEVER ran from a cop? He is still a human being and it is sad if he dies, no matter if it was his fault. Just my $.02
I haven't. Well, I've made sneaky getaways before they turn on the lights, but once they do turn them on, YOU PULL OVER!

Frankly, I don't feel the least bit sad if he dies. He had to have known there were extreme risks involved when you run from cops on a sports bike. Those are the facts of life. If he hurt some innoscent person, I'd feel bad for that person. If someone was driving down the highway on a bike and got in an accident, I'd feel bad for them. I don't feel bad for someone who knowingly does something extremely dangerous. I feel bad for his family, and my condolences go out to them if he died, because they didn't have any control over that and have lost a loved one.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't. Well, I've made sneaky getaways before they turn on the lights, but once they do turn them on, YOU PULL OVER!
Tank you. That is the plain and simple of why i made this post. Its a reminder. I know alot of us are into speed. Run from the cops and this is what can happen.
I should have taken a picture of him to get the point through to everyone:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I am not trying to argue that point. You are right. I just think it is harsh to say, "he deserved it." He made a bad decision. I have made many, and learned from them.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I never said he deserved it.....it's just a reminder for us.

·
Registered
82 Posts
venom42 said:

While I agree it is his own stupid fault, who here has NEVER ran from a cop?
Uh, me. And hopefully, 90%-plus of this board's readers/members. Unless maybe I'm too optimistic about the general level of common sense out there.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you do something that you know is wrong or very dangerous and you get hurt, you deserve what happens to you. I only feel sorry for people who are not allowed to make that decision. Assholes who "make a bad decision" can kill innnocent people for one bad decision. If someone like that killed one of my loved ones, the "he made a bad decision" answer would not fly.

Accidents are accidents, but when you make a decision to do something with total disreguard for the life and safety of your self and others, hopefully you are the only one that gets hurt. And hopefully you get hurt bad.

·
Registered
55 Posts
why run from the cops? They have your licence plate number, have hellicopters and 1000 other cars at their disposal. If you think you can "run away" from the cops you're crazy and stupid. Wow grats you got away. Better move out of the country now.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Natural selection first hand. Stupidity can kill. There was this dude once, wrecked his Harley. Flew off the bike, straddled a telephone pole. When we cut his leathers off, his upper body seperated from his lower body. The leathers were holding him together. Very big mess. BAC was .07 or something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts