DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone out there ever tried to rebuild the 420A engine out of a 95 nonturbo? if you have where can you get all of the parts for it (gasket set, pistons, etc) how much does it cost for everything? any help is appreciated

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have never rebuilt an NT, and I am in the process of rebuilding my 91 turbo, but, for parts, try to go with a dealer that offers a club dsm discount if you want all oe parts. Labor and machine work can be very expensive, for machine work, expect about $500- $1000, depending on the extent of the work you have done. If you do the labor yourself, you can save the biggest amount of money. But if not, try and find a honest and relaible mechanic or shop to do the work.

Good Luck
-Dave

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what dealers give discounts to club dsm? are there any close to south carolina. oh and i will definitely rebuild myself-- i get credit for it in engine rebuilding class :D

·
Registered
701 Posts
Sunrise Mitsubishi on LI gives a 25% discount to club dsm. Thier phone # for the parts dep't is 631-589-7601. They will ship to you. I think Conicelli Mitsu in PA also gives discounts, but I never dealt with them. I think thier website is www.sunrisemitsubishi.com, but that might be wrong.

-Dave

[This message has been edited by turbolover2 (edited September 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ok get all the gaskets and etc from the dealer. Buy forged pistons and stronger rods from turbosystem.com (Hahn Racecraft). You'll be able to handle 600 horsepower with this cheap rebuild. And anyone who doubts me can look at Len A.'s Neon running 10.65 with only forged pistons, stronger rods, and a stage V turbo system from Hahn. He doesn't even have head work done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts