DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
People have dynoed 500whp on a 16g and making 10 sec passes. Just amazing.
I think that's one extreme example though. Curt Brown, 499whp on a VERY well setup car. I don't many people will get near that power... 400whp is quite a lot on that turbo. I don't think he was running anywhere near that much timing or boost either, I may be wrong though.

edit - fail twice in this thread... i'm not sure on evo 8+ 16gs, but I'm talking evo3.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Curt Brown was holding 32psi to redline with a conservative timing around 19*. On e85 with light mods people are hitting 350-400whp on e85. With a high compression build, large cams, SMIM I think 500whp mark gets a lot easier. Just not too many people build a full race, high compression motor with all the goodies and through a 16g on.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
One person has dynoed 500whp on a 16g and making 10 sec passes. Just amazing.
Fixed for you.

Oh, just in case you forgot, your name is not said person above so stop talking like you know everything about making a 500whp 16g car unless you OWN a 500whp 16g car.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Extra washers on the WGA = High boost 16g. A local here was running 40-41psi, falling to mid to low 30psi on his EvoIII 16g. Ended up running 10.90's on C16 in street car form. Another buddy of mine runs 37psi falling to 30psi, with the same wastegate mod and race gas.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Fixed for you.

Oh, just in case you forgot, your name is not said person above so stop talking like you know everything about making a 500whp 16g car unless you OWN a 500whp 16g car.
How do you know I dont?? I am only saying this because I have been tuning a 16g car for a long time now at 30+psi boost levels making a good amount of power. Before I get my hx35 on, I will be hitting the dyno and welding the wastegate shut hoping for 40+psi (holding 30-32psi) like stated above. Hopefully I can get close to 500whp on a dynojet.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts