DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took two of my stock 90 wheels that come white, and refinished them in Graphite silver. It's darker then I had planned, but I actually like it. Plus it's different then all the other 90-91's running around. Tell me what you think:

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

I'm going to be polishing the lip too, just didn't have time in my short break home from school.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks very nice. It will look even better with the polished lip. Definitely better looking than the white.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Looks good! Did you use the paint that was mentioned in the threads about dark rims? (DupliColor or something like that)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Damn, your car looks really good with those rims. I did the exact same thing on my black and silver 90 tsi. What is the best way/ cleaner and polisher to make the chrome lip really shine? Did you find that the color dries darker than the cap?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
90TurboTSi said:
Damn, your car looks really good with those rims. I did the exact same thing on my black and silver 90 tsi. What is the best way/ cleaner and polisher to make the chrome lip really shine? Did you find that the color dries darker than the cap?
yea the cap is a tiny bit lighter since it's plastic. I think meguiars makes a metal polish that i'm going to try. I'll tell you how it works in 2 weeks when I go home next. If you find something in the mean time, shoot me a PM or post in the thread your findings. Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
looks nice, i was thinking about doing that too mine too. But i have to get the car running first :D

·
Banned
215 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
i really like them, i am thinking about doing that on my 97 GS-T

·
Registered
541 Posts
COPY CATS :p J/K

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looks great. Now I can safely give my Konigs to my buddy for modding money. (Not on car in sig)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: I think Im in love

RicedOutRS said:
Hey man you car looks really nice cant wait to see with the lip polished. BETTER POST
Thanks! I will post more pictures when the lip gets polished. But I have to refinish my other two wheels first! I'll finish them this weekend, then get started on polishing the lips of one side. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
749 Posts
hey did you just paint them, or did you sand them first or used a wire grill on a drill? i used a the grill thingy on the drill to do my valve cover and it looks good, but im getting a pair of 99 gsx wheels and want to paint those gunmetal,

peace btw the wire grill thing is the thing that works as sand paper but is all wires, lol i cant remember what their called

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its just called a wire wheel :)

and I hit the lightly with some super fine sand paper after I stripped all the paint off.

·
Registered
749 Posts
sounds good thanks, thats what i figured

peace

1 - 20 of 22 Posts