DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2G Eclipse (N/T) and I have those hideous "MITSUBISHI" and "RS"decals on the trunklid. Whats the best way to remove them (w/o harming the paint)? Thanks :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
^^ I debadged my GSX and I used a hair dryer.
It takes about 2-5 minutes to get it warm enough but it will eventually start to peel right off.

·
Registered
437 Posts
infury said:
^^ I debadged my GSX and I used a hair dryer.
It takes about 2-5 minutes to get it warm enough but it will eventually start to peel right off.
Why did you debadge your GSX??? Make it more of a sleeper?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I debadged my GS-T with a hairdryer and my fingernails. Works great as a sleeper since most of the ricers think I am a GS or RS :D

But I also saw a nice sticker that replaces the GS-T with a
"GS-?" I thought that was pretty sweet

·
Registered
343 Posts
Goo gone and hairdryer for the "RS" and "Mitsubishi" ones, and then a hairdyer and dental floss or fishing line for the "Eclipse" one in the middle.

·
Registered
124 Posts
De-Badged

Badgeless is the only way to go....domestics/ricers don't have a clue...now I just have to get my "16 Valve DOHC Turbo" filled in...and some how hide them damn tripple pillar gauges:D

Yes hair dryer/heat gun works well...I never heard of fishing line or dental floss that would work awesome too :D

-Matt

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
yea I debadged it to make it a sleeper

·
Registered
272 Posts
I wanted to debadge mine, but I think I'm gonna keep the GS on there, I think that makes it more of a sleeper. I took the Eclipse logo off the tail light, though. Much cleaner look.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Just dont take some of the letters off and you will be ok..

Example: some douche (no pic sorry :() took the EC and SE off so his panel says "LIP".... I can try and see things from a different point of view and I consider myself open minded when it comes to "style" but... I havent been able to see things from the eyes of a retard yet... sorry... still working on it.

-Aaron

·
Registered
355 Posts
I debadged my TSi all around, no Eagle logos on the front or back, no TSi badge, no DOHC Turbo AWD on the side... :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
This may be OT, but I have a question about the term "sleeper"... actually more of an opinion poll maybe.

It seems to me that a completely debadged car does not fall under the category of a true sleeper since you can look and see that the complete lack of identification means (usually?) that there is something being hid. Where as a sleeper gives no obvious indication that there is anything amiss. I'm not ragging on debadging by any means, just wondering if what I thought fell in line with popular opinion...

now downbadging is a completely different topic...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I don't think you can consider a DSM a sleeper period.
People generally know that DSMs can be made to be fairly quick and low 15/high 14 second 1/4
Albeit not being very fast numbers, they can be put into the 12's for little money and that is standard knowledge.
Now a car like a GVR-4 Is a sleeper because when people look at it they almost laugh. I think its a sexy car but most would say a car like that wouldn't ever hit 12's.

Other cars I consider to be sleepers:
Ford SVT Contours
Ford T-bird Supercoupes
I used to think S4's were sleepers but word happened to have gotten out about these cars :(
others cars like starions and colt/shadows or whatever that dodge is.
And cars like the GNX etc..
I don't think there are many sleepers out there at all.
Very very very few infact...

·
Registered
101 Posts
CleanGS97 said:
Just dont take some of the letters off and you will be ok..

Example: some douche (no pic sorry :() took the EC and SE off so his panel says "LIP".... I can try and see things from a different point of view and I consider myself open minded when it comes to "style" but... I havent been able to see things from the eyes of a retard yet... sorry... still working on it.

-Aaron
LMAO...I actually thought about doing this when I took my lettering off, just as a joke for a day. But then I realized it would just look retarded to anyone but me and my friends so I scrapped that idea.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
CleanGS97 said:

Well I finally got a good pic....

Lets not be doing this.. LMAO... Whatever got in this guys head... I dont know.. :p

WTF is a type JX sebring-clipse?

-Aaron
................................................................................

1 - 20 of 23 Posts