DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Galant. I have the upgraded infinity sound system. It came with a amplfier. I want to change the factory headunit with one i already have. My question is can i just buy the harness and attach it? I heard that sometimes since there is a stock amp in place the aftermarket headunit will mess with the amp and make it seem really loud.

I need to know if anyone has tried this before, or know someone who has tried it in this particular installation. Some amps are funny when you hook up aftermarket decks to them.

Thanks

·
Registered
747 Posts
You should have no problem buying a wiring harness, and hooking up the aftermaket's speaker wires to the stock amp. Just make sure you hook up the blue turn on wire.

If it doesn't sound good, or is too loud while your radio is on low volumes; use the low level rca outputs from your radio to hook up to the speaker input wires. Buy an rca cable, and cut it. Strip the insulation off of the outer shield, and the inner wire. The outside wire is the ground, and the inner wire is the positive. If you dont have front and rear rca outputs, you can put the left fronts with the left rears, and the right fronts with the right rears. You will have no fader, though; but this will solve the "too loud" problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts