DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I have to get under the car to replace the fuel pump. It has a Walbro 255 and I believe it's shot. I want to replace it with another Walbro 255 and am wondering if I "must" get under to remove it?

I ask because the car is on grass right now and I'd have to get help pushing it to the drive way to securely jack it up.

Most things I've seen indicate that there is a 14mm nut underneath that needs to be loosened (removed). Was hoping I could remove it my just removing all connections to the top of the fuel assembly under the back seat.

Thanks...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know on the 1g there is a access panel in truck under carpet on drivers side by spare tire, think it's 10mm but can't remeber

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

·
Honorary Moderator
2,723 Posts
I believe only the 1G fwd makes it a must to under the car. The 2G and 1G AWD cars can be done inside the car.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
2g (FWD and AWD alike) can be done from above if you are able to separate the line from the bulkhead. It is very easy to kink the line on the sending unit. I find it easier to separate the soft line from the under side of the car to avoid the risk of damaging the hanger, BUT it can be done completely from up top if the line can be removed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts