DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning everyone (at least at this time),

I have a 91 TSI fwd that I am currently working on. When I first got it, it is an Auto which the car kept going into limp mode. I wired the solenoids to two switches so I would be able to drive it for a time.

I've taken the time the past few months researching on what is needed to swap to Man etc. I have everything except the separator plate and starter. My plan is to pull the motor and trans and reseal the motor and perform the swap.

However, I'm stuck on what to do about the tuning. The two options I thought about was the following;

1. SFAC, 650cc, 2g MAF.
2. ECMlink, 650cc, 2g MAF.

I know the obvious answer is to go with #2. But with not having that amount to buy the ECMlink available, I am able to use what I have (#1) and roll with it. I did buy a 3 inch Megan down pipe that bolts onto the OEM O2 housing. However, if I planned on going with a small 16 turbo, wouldn't that just bolt up to the Auto manifold/O2 housing and use one of the above tunes be OK?

My main goal is to have it as a DD with some pep. I understand the Auto engines have smaller injectors compared to the Man. Also the fuel pressure is at 43, which is slightly more than the Manual.

If you need more information, please ask.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've read that you wouldn't have to upgrade the fuel pump if you go with a 16b. Then again, I'm not sure if I trust that or not.

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,256 Posts
As long as you dont push it to hard you should be ok with the stock pump for now, and yes link would be one of the better solutions to tuning if you can swing it, or you could even buy a chip if you have an eprom ecu, or even switch to a flash based 98-99 ecu if your handy with wiring.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As long as you dont push it to hard you should be ok with the stock pump for now, and yes link would be one of the better solutions to tuning if you can swing it, or you could even buy a chip if you have an eprom ecu, or even switch to a flash based 98-99 ecu if your handy with wiring.
When I get back from Ohio for Subaru, I will check and see if it's eprom'd. I'm wanting to say that it's not, but will look.

I may sell the SFAC and use the money towards ECMlink.

With that being said, I'll go with the following;
ECMLink
16g
650cc
2g MAF

Which I have an exhaust system coming in, 3 inch Megan DP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts