DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched around and couldn't find much info besides for VR6s. Does anyone have a pic/procedure with an acceptable value range handy? Thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ShipuTSi said:
The procedure is in the huge service maunal. It walks you through it.

I couldnt find anything in my chiltons; is there an online option or is this in another manual? Thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bento said:
I believe that the resistor pack should have 6.2 ohms all the way across and the injectors should have 2.3 ohms all the way across. Cheack it out and see what you are getting.

I dont know if I did the test correct or not - I held the one probe one 'pin 1' then took resistance for 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, etc... I got ~6.2 for a few but also got ~12.4 for some others. Do you guys test like this (I found it for vr6, but not dsm). Thanks for the replies guys!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bento said:
Try 1-2 2-3 3-4 and see what you get. I believe that is how it's suppost to be measured.

Well... see I am in school ~5hrs away (and I didnt trust that dsmcar). Is there a testing schematic pic/procedure around anywhere that I can send to my dad? I checked the chilton I have before I left and couldnt find much.

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,899 Posts
The Resistor pack is a 6 position connector, 2 rows of 3 columns.
Pin 1 has a black with yellow stripe wire and pin 6 is Black with red stripe.

Pin 1 Black/Yellow Injector 1
Pin 2 NC
Pin 3 Red Common Power (+12v)
Pin 4 Black/Blue Injector 2
Pin 5 Black/White Injector 3
Pin 6 Black/Red Injector 4

The resistors should measure about 6 ohms each at 68F.
Pin 3 is common to all 4, so the pairs are:
1-3
4-3
5-3
6-3

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats perfect - thanks steve!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.