DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
disconnect the motor at the gear that meets the "scissor" assembly. I dont' know the propper name, sorry. Then you should just be able to pull the thing up on your own power. Stick a shim between the window and door if you aren't driving it. If you are driving it, this isn't a good idea as it may come lose. If you are driving it, you may need to clamp a part of the assembly to keep it up instead of a shim in the door.

·
Registered
284 Posts
90laser_rst said:
So my passenger side window motor went out and don't have time to get a new one yet, how do I put it up? Have door panel off already but can't figure it out. Anyone got any ideas?
Sometimes, you can give the motor a good solid whack while holding the window switch, and it will go up (if the window motor gets a dead spot). If that doesn't work, you'll need to remove the motor from the regulator assembly and try to pull it up. Did you check to make sure you have power and ground at the motor connector? If not, check it with a halogen headlight bulb and some wires. If it lights the bulb; you know you need a motor and/or regulator.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
93_GSX said:
disconnect the motor at the gear that meets the "scissor" assembly. I dont' know the propper name, sorry. Then you should just be able to pull the thing up on your own power. Stick a shim between the window and door if you aren't driving it. If you are driving it, this isn't a good idea as it may come lose. If you are driving it, you may need to clamp a part of the assembly to keep it up instead of a shim in the door.
There is no scissor assembly in a 1g, it is a track with a plastic guide hooked to a cable . You can remove possibly cut the cable and prop it up with something, but there isa chance that it will fall while driving if you don't do it correctly.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So hooked up another motor...Didn't work, checked voltage at motor and it drops right after you hit the switch. So I'm thinking there must be an electrical shortage or something somewhere...Going to the junkyard to get a manual window assembly right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.