DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this belongs in this forum category, but I will post anyway. I've been having issues with BOV flutter and OBD2 code P0120 for about 4 months now. Can anyone tell me what the underlying cause of P0120 is? I mean, is it inconsistent throttle position, a drastic change in throttle position. Are there any electrical problems that would set P0120 off that are not TPS related? Bad ECU?. Thanks for all your help!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Could be a bad connection or wire. Check for continuity and on all wires from computor to tps. Checking resistance from one end of the wire to the other shouldnt have more the 1 ohm resistance. Check the resistance of the sensor itself and make sure it has a clean sweep from one end to the other as you move tps. Look in you manual to find testing procedures and connector locations, if possible.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Okay, I poured over the Service manual and the electrical schematics stuff. Seems pin 2 and 4 go back to the ECU. One for idle and the other for actual throttle usage. (pins 84 and 87 on the 2g)

Also, the schematics show the cruise control taps into both wires before reaching the ECU. Perhaps the cruise control is screwing with the voltage or shorting it out. I guess I'll try disconnecting that for a while.

On the RRE page there is a guide to adjusting the TPS when you do the Throttle body swap. Steps 5 and 6 are confusing.

So, I guess I'll check continuity between the TPS pins 2 and 4 back to the ECU pins 84 and 87. Then I'll disconnect the Cruise, adjust the TPS like the RRE page suggest (if I can figure it out) and reset the CEL.

Wish me luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did this work for you? I am having same issue it seems even goin down the highway I head the bov and my car chug then snap back and run good for a few seconds then run crappy again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts