DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just started today.. I'm driving normal and sometimes in idle the rpms will drop to 0 and jump back up to 1 where my idle is set.. at the time this takes place, my check engine light comes on for a seconds and shuts back off and auto zone couldnt get the scanner to read any codes cause the light wasnt on at the time..sometimes i'll notice during shift (ie shifting 2nd to 3rd) if I let it stay in neutral for a second the RPMS will drop all the way to O and shoot back up to whatever my RPM is at.

Could this be my ISC motor? My car did throw a ISC motor malfunction code a couple times in the past 3 weeks.. also are 2g and 1g ISC motors compatible with each other??

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yeah it's a good possibility that it could be your ISC. Mine went bad and starting doing the same thing your talking about. Dont buy a new one...they're like $250.00. Buy one off here or dsmtuner.com, they go for like $30.00.

Good luck

·
Registered
44 Posts
the light is just coming on because the engine isnt running at that moment, not because its throwing a code

just like its on when you first turn the key to the run position, b4 u crank the car

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome.. thanks for the fast replies guys.. makes me feel much better!! I'm working on a 1g TB and a ISC motor from the boards.. thanks again!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a buddy of mine has a 1g TB that I know will bolt on directly to my 2g.. he also has a spare ISC motor.. he says its from a 1g but he doesnt know if it will work on a 2g or not but its possible.. anyone care to chime in please? :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was the ISC.. I put on a 1G ISC with a metal housing and took out the POS plastic 2g ISC.. everything seems to be fine! No jerking and no check engine :D lights!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts