DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, some of you may remember my old laser that I had a rebirth/rebuild thread on....well it got sold @ a year ago so I could play with an LT1 car a little. I still had my old GST, but it just wasn't like the AWD.

Anyhow, I ended up getting another one :D The T/A is gone. I am back :cool:

I picked this up from a buddy with a seized engine. BS bearings wiped and sent metal through everything. Had some issues, but all is getting sorted :)

The rundown (so far of what I have seen, still need to get it in the air):

1992 Plymouth Laser AWD 5 spd 117k mi
12 gal fuel cell
Polished stainless 3” AWD catback <<< NEW IN BOX
Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump
Aeromotive -6AN braided line
Aeromotive A1000 fuel pressure regulator
Aeromotive sending unit
AEM -6AN high capacity fuel rail
Fidenza short throw shifter
Autometer Boost Gauge
Autometer Fuel pressure
Autometer Fuel level
Autometer Pyrometer
Autometer Cyl head pressure
Autometer Air Fuel
RR? Front swaybar
RR? Rear swaybar
KYB GR2 shocks
H&R springs
Cross Drilled Rotors
New black carpet
Grant Steering wheel
New Radiator
New Waterpump
New Alternator
New Remanufactured ECU
Manual steering rack
Poly throughout the suspension

....got it all for $x,xxx.xx :D :tree: I don't want to upset anyone ;)

lol, well 999 + 1 :eek:

However I think someone has the cell in backwards because the fittings are in front....something I will address. The car has ZERO rust and is fully undercoated. I picked up an engine off a member here with ARP studs and a fresh rebuild. I have to redo the head though :( but that's ok :)

It's getting BC springs and retainers, BC stg IIs and new valves etc.

Oh, and I managed to pick up a set of EVO VIII wheels on the extra cheap that someone painted blue...

I decided that I wanted to do someththing a little different; and that I don't like figernails/skin on my hands. So BEHOLD! I present to you polished EVO's :eek: :cool:

Anyhow, on with the pics :chair:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more:

uh Oh an FMIC!! :D

I'll try to get better pics of the wheels, but I don't have tires right now and the grey skies didn't really make em pop like they do...cause they look SICK.

Right now, I'm in a debate on to keep it laser, or paint the car gunmetal with a black roof/carbon hood with the 1gb talon kit (that I have)

...but Asmo might want to shoot me then :D

So, comment away!

-Tom

·
Registered
400 Posts
a1000 with stock i/c, piping, turbo, and injectors.... :confused: was this an abandoned project?

the a1000 is heaving and will break that poopy weld. make sure you redo that. and wtf??? the fuel cell is in backwards. the sump should be in the rear. fuel moves to the back under acceleration. if you're keeping her light for racing (2 gal or less) you may run into trouble. I'd turn that bitch around and remount the pump.

Here's my old setup. Sorry I don't have a better pick. Just welded some nuts into square tubing. Bolt them to four corners of the a1000 and then ran bolts thru the frame and the square tubing.

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
Ahh, I see that you are aware of the cell mounting. Just make sure you address that pump mounting when you do the cell.

Nice pick-up for $1000 tho.

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Loving the car! Never seen that interior before.... not too sure if I like it.

As for the rims, I love the idea behind it, my only fear would be keeping them clean.

What are your plans for the car?

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Color match the inside of the rims to the color of the car and they would be even more SICK...

swade

·
Registered
183 Posts
Id say leave it a laser, they are the rarest.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys!!!

Yeah, the fuel system is going to get changed around quite a bit, as (if anyone knows me), I am NOT a fan of hokey ass installs or rigging stuff. If it's not done proffessionally then I don't want to be a part of it. But yea, it will all be addressed. :)

Thanks for the wheel comments! I need to finish the other two so I can buy tires and mount em. It's such a PITA though. Took me FOREVER just to strip all the paint. Mitsu has some factory powdercoat stuff that fills all the ridges/holes. The insides of the spokes look casted and the face is all machined once you strip it down. THEN you have to sand past the machining to get a smooth surface, just so you can start to polish them.

I opted to paint the rough casting part silver and polish the rest. The pics really do them no justice and I will get you guys more to look at.

As for the engine; I do believe it was an ex racecar at one point, but maybe abandoned due to fueling issues? Someone definately just tossed an old ass engine in there and went with it, which is why it seems all stock. The turbo however is a ported 14b that I put together for my buddy, but it will be soon replaced. If anyone recognizes the car, I'd be very interested on it's history.

Exterior, I will be reshooting the lower parts to gunmetal to re-laser it and cleaning up and recovering parts of the interior. Please bear with me as it's JUST how I got it out of storage sans removing a bunch of crap laying in the drivers seat. It will be very, very pretty :)

Be sure to check back for many, many updates! :tree:

-Tom

·
Registered
142 Posts
For someone who doesn't like Laser's they sure do like to land in your lap.

If you need an extra set of hands sometime let me know, I wouldn't mind coming and checking it out in person some time.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
1000 bucks is a steal for a mint car with mods... Looking forward to seeing what you do with it :D

·
Registered
442 Posts
oh dear....hes back!

i ran into the whole old crew @ the camaro reveal in royal oak on Monday. Miss the good old days. Judging from the previous white car I can only imagine what this will be.

Best of luck dude! I can not wait to see the progress. I have some Black/Gray stock NT steats in decent shape, no brackets on them which might make them easier to ship. They are yours if you want them dude!

You coming to town for dream cruise?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Haha! Yeah I'm back lol.

Thanks Rob! I really appreciate the offer, I really do. For some Godforsaken reason I swear the red ones are growing on me :eek: Plus if I think if I change them out, they will be some sparcos or such.

Dude, I miss hanging out so much it isn't funny. We definately had some good times. So is everyone still around that area? The only person I heard from is Nick Armstrong awhile ago....wonder if Ryan is stilll around. I hope you're working somewhere decent these days, you sure did well through school. My job is so hit and miss anymore; I never know where I'm going to end up.

I should be up for Wootward, but it will be through work. We should defintately catch up if we can. Popalis on me :D

Take it easy bro!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts