DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met up a local guy with a C6 LS3 vette. a few bolt ons, dynoed 430whp.
im on a 20g, 24psi e85 falling to 20psi. (boost leak/the hahn kit pre turbo leak BS.)
i feel like i faired pretty well considering he made 430 and only weights like 3200.
we both had a passenger in the computer generated film.
this is what it WOULD look like if both cars met on the street instead of the perfectly legal dragstrip on which they normally race.
40 roll

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah. Sorry, lol. I would edit it but i cant seem to find the edit post button? Either way, i was at like 78% IDC on e85 with my 850s on this run. Im hoping to put it up to 28 for those special nights, and race him again on that, it should be a lot closer.
I assumed i was making in the 360 whp range, but im not a bench racer so i just assumed. lol.

·
Site Administrator
4,661 Posts
Make sure to keep up on rule #7 ;)

If you're dropping 4 psi during a pull I imagine that's definitely screwing with your tune. Usually, 1 lb/min of airflow = ~ 10 hp. The difference between 20 and 24 and airflow could definitely close that gap with the vette. I'm not even mentioning going from 20 to 28 psi...and holding it there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When i was racing him i noticed the drop in pressure. After further inspection my turbo-manifold bolt had backed out. I also found the boost leak. After fixing both of those things, the car was spooling much faster and pulling alot harder, as well as holding a solid 25. so im happy with that. I will follow up in two weeks on 28psi, and LOTS of v8s lawls.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Was gonna say you should at least be keeping up with him. I've never met an LS powered vehicle that was actually strong at pulling past 70mph.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That seems crazy, lol. Most LSX cars ive raced have a WICKED 4th gear and pull strong at 70+. He SAYS his car trapped 115 in the 1/4. His Vette seems surprisingly strong, ive seen some videos of him racing cars, and he pulls hard. He has a video of pulling an EVO8 with cams, on 20psi that made 389AWHP. They raced from dig and a roll. the Results were.
DIG:Evo jumped out, vette reeled him in by the end and came by.
Roll:Vette pulled 2 cars, missed 3rd gear evo caught up to a half car, vette pulled back to 2-3 cars.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Beats me. My buddy has a 98 trans am and him with boltons, I had no problems pulling away from him on the highway on the stock t25 with boltons. He's since built the motor and installed a turbo kit on it, but still didn't seem much more powerful at the top of the power band than my car. My other friend has a c5 z06 with a built motor putting about 500 to the wheels and when he ripped it on an open road in front of me, I punched it with the setup in my sig and was able to maintain the distance between us. Like I said, I don't really get it. I think they just have really crappy gear ratios, but they have some awesome torque, but seem to just fall on their face.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Reread. t25 was against bolt on trans am, mods in my sig was against the vette.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so your saying at 28psi or mabye even just a proper 26. i should be with or mabye beat this guy?! lol

im coming from a world of hondas. i only beat vettes from digs lol, never from a roll.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
They are saying with no boost leaks and a propper tuned car you should be able to do better. Bench racing is not something we do here, but commen sense says a car with leaks and not propper tune will not be as fast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts