DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I installed an upgraded radiator and one of the fans (the one that kicks in during idle with no A/C on) won't fit back in. I've ran the car on the highway and around town and it does not overheat. Do I need to buy a second fan? Or am I ok with jus the one that comes on with the AC compressor?

Jesse

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,153 Posts
get the second fan.
my honda was fine with no fans, but your not driving a honda.
in the summer time you will might over heat and that could get more expensive than a fan.

·
Registered
308 Posts
On my 90 and now 91, the drivers side fan will not work, I even switched fans on my 90, still wont work. I haven't had any trouble though, if anyone knows a fix, let me know, and btw, it kicks on for 1 second when the other one stops.

·
Registered
203 Posts
"On my 90 and now 91, the drivers side fan will not work, I even switched fans on my 90, still wont work. I haven't had any trouble though, if anyone knows a fix, let me know, and btw, it kicks on for 1 second when the other one stops."

The drivers side fan will only come on when the A/C is on. Try turning the A/C on and seeing if it comes on. It should.

·
Registered
121 Posts
In my car, both fans will run at any time regardless if A/C is on. Passenger side does so more frequently however. IS anything wrong?

·
Registered
871 Posts
on a 1g both fans will come on regardless of the a/c. on a 2g only the passenger side will come on when the car gets hot and the drivers side when the a/c is turned on. i wired both fans together on my 2g so that when i race i can shut the car off and just turn the key to "run" then turn the a/c button on and then i can quickly cool the car down with both fans.

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
This is for a 1g, not sure 2g is the same...
The "passenger side" fan is the cooling fan, it should come on whenever the temp. sensor gets hot enough to turn it on.
The "driver side" fan is for a/c, it will only come on when you have the a/c on.
If I had to choose, take off the a/c and just mount the cooling fan on the passenger side.
It is on the passenger side because this is where the hottest coolant enters the radiator.
I would get the cooling fan back on asap! This could be an expensive lesson...

------------------
Rocky Mountain Talon - modified
Live, Learn, Love and Bleed DSM...

My DSM

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Absolutely correct, if you find you REALLY want 2 fans, check out your local speedshop for a thin fan replacement and I know chain stores like Pep Boys and Autozone also carry the really cheap ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts