DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of the two fuel computer you are thinking of I would say go with the AFC. With the AFC you could also hook up the blue wire to get a digital reading of your O2 voltage which is useful in tuning. The PMS is overpriced and for the price you could get 3 AFCs. You can just lean the car out for now without the need for injectors if money is tight. You will probably need the injectors soon but with the mods you have you could get away with the stock injectors for a little while I would expect. When I had similar mods to your car the fuel computer was desparately needed as my car was also running very rich.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi guys I was looking at the next mods to perform. I feel it's time for an AFC or PMS at this point but I need opinion over all.

Since the installation of the fuel pump and rewire I have been running rich. Indications are black sooty plugs and exhaust tip. Rich smell to exhaust. EGT's are 1400 degrees F at WOT any gear.

Here are my mods:

Self Ported Exhaust Manifold 7cm
TRE Ported o2 Housing
Ported 7cm 14B Turbo, tweaker kit
2.5" Archer downpipe
2.5" High Flow Cat
3" Cat-Back
DDynopower Upper I/C
1G BOV
1G TB
K&N, Free Mods
Extreme Manual Boost Controller
Vdo Boost Gauge
Westech EGT
Cyberdyne A/F
In-Tank Denso Fuel Pump/ Rewire
HRC SMIC

It's common to get the AFC 550's together. Can I just get the AFC or PMS and lean it out a bit without upgrading the injectors for awhile?

Thanks

Bill Norton
98TsiAWD

·
Founder/Former Owner
5,120 Posts
Bill, doesn't answer your question I know, but your really should get a real display of your O2 sensor output instead of the lame Cyberdyne. The Jumptronix is inexpensive and there are others out there, that give the specific voltage so you know exactly how rich you are running.

------------------
Ted - 95 GSX
[email protected] MPH

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thanks guys, sorry for the late reply. I thought I could never get out of work today. Car feels a bit slow, kinda boggy. Boost is rock solid at 17 psi. It was suggested that I check for an intake leak so I will be looking in this area as well. I may even remove a honeycomb or two to see if I can lean it out some until the fuel computer arrives.

Bill Norton

1 - 4 of 4 Posts