DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99 gs oz edition

i apologize for spelling, grammar, and punctuation in advance.

so a few weeks ago i started getting compression blowing into my cooling system, thus blowing all the coolant out and causing it to overheat. so i decided to do a hg, wp, and tb. piston 4 had a little rust by the piston so it wasnt sealing.

so i finally get it all back together and it fires up w/o much trouble. was running really rich and doing a "chuga-lug". spins up fine but when i let off the gas it bogs down to a shaky "i wanna stall" deal. stopped at autogay and had them test it. P1390- timing belt off 1 tooth, loose camshaft or crankshaft position sensor. P0172- o2 sensor, misfire, fuel injector problem. before i did this i had a check engine light pop (was o2 sensor) but my car ran absolutely normal. i know the timing is good. so im stuck.. anyone have this happen?!! anything would be apriciated!.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
There is more going wrong than plugs. I would replace whichever o2 sensor was going bad, then see how the car runs. Also, since you just had the car apart, check for boost leaks. There could be something you accidently forgot to cap or connect, which is easy to do even for the most experianced mechanic. A boost leak test will be easy, and it isn't expensive to fab up a tester. You will eventually need one anyway, expecially if you want to mod your car for more boost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts