DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday: My car club meets up in Rialto, one of the guys little brother gets a RX7 turbo II, he's talkin shit to everybody except for me and my brother who has a 95gsx. Anyway we go over to our normal race spot. The RX7 beats everybody in my crew except me and my brother. Rx7 calls me out, I have never raced a RX7 before, I'm thinking I'm gonna woop this 7's ass. We line up, the 7 beats my ass by a car, i'm like WTF just happen, at this point i'm on 13 psi, dude with the Rx7 is braggin " I beat the Talon". I tell dude, lets run it back, I boost up to 15 and the Rx7 beats me by the nose of his car. I couldn't beleive it. I know i'm not suppose to put 17psi on a T25 but WTF i'm ready for a bigger turbo anyway. I tell dude lets run it back one more time and now i'm going to boost on you. We lunch, we are both neck to neck, I slam it to 2nd, I pull a car on him, 3rd i gain half a car more. I shut it down top of end of 3rd, flip a bitch and dude with the 7 ask me " How many pounds you put on me" I said you will never know. DSM bro's help me out which turbo should I go with the FP big 28 or 16g killer, also I notice that marhv has a big 28 now. I can't wait for the FP30 or the LR1 no longer.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Go with the FP28 if you are a second gen.

And yeah those turboII RX7s can be trouble but so is their reliability:p :eek:

·
Registered
668 Posts
why not

why not ruin his ego and tell him you turned up the boost on your stock t-25 and you beat him...LOL. I'm sure that would make him kinda upset if he was modded! I would go with the Big28 of the killer...from my research the killer isn't that great! Plus, the Big28 is direct bolt on for you!!! I'm going with the 18G for my reasons :)
-ryan

·
Registered
174 Posts
JayHäss said:
I think the Turbo-II is the most under-rated import out there. My T-II went [email protected]*113mph* with the same basic mods I have on my DSM on 17" street tires spinning like crazy.
Agreed. I have never been beat by my RX7 10th (in the few months that it was working), although the last race to a Mustang GT cost me another motor...:(

Which is why I went with a DSM..:) The car has much power, but little reliability when modding..

-M

·
Registered
174 Posts
Talontsi150 said:
Friday: My car club meets up in Rialto, one of the guys little brother gets a RX7 turbo II, he's talkin shit to everybody except for me and my brother who has a 95gsx. Anyway we go over to our normal race spot. The RX7 beats everybody in my crew except me and my brother. Rx7 calls me out, I have never raced a RX7 before, I'm thinking I'm gonna woop this 7's ass. We line up, the 7 beats my ass by a car, i'm like WTF just happen, at this point i'm on 13 psi, dude with the Rx7 is braggin " I beat the Talon". I tell dude, lets run it back, I boost up to 15 and the Rx7 beats me by the nose of his car. I couldn't beleive it. I know i'm not suppose to put 17psi on a T25 but WTF i'm ready for a bigger turbo anyway. I tell dude lets run it back one more time and now i'm going to boost on you. We lunch, we are both neck to neck, I slam it to 2nd, I pull a car on him, 3rd i gain half a car more. I shut it down top of end of 3rd, flip a bitch and dude with the 7 ask me " How many pounds you put on me" I said you will never know. DSM bro's help me out which turbo should I go with the FP big 28 or 16g killer, also I notice that marhv has a big 28 now. I can't wait for the FP30 or the LR1 no longer.
All I can say is that if his car was stock, then something must be wrong with your Talon, or its a weak car. No offense, but you should definitely be able to beat that car out the hole with 15psi (if it was stock). Is your car AWD or FWD?

-M

·
Registered
72 Posts
Talontsi150, good races. Keep it safe man. I don't know anything about a FP big 28 is, or a FP30 or the LR1, for that matter. I do know that when the turbo went up in my GSX I was going to get a Frank 19C. No external wastegate needed, and the results are simply very impressive. I just couldn't justify spending 3K on a car with 108K on the odometer.

TBoost said:
Which is why I went with a DSM..:) The car (RX7) has much power, but little reliability when modding..
-M
LOL! And the reliability of a DSM is what???? Just kidding man! Give me a break, I drive a Honduh.;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
dude nice run! Get some more mods and put the RX-7 in his place.

I know i shouldnt be saying this as I have one but you should beat him to have him mod more.. its all just one big obsession :)

Josh

·
Registered
174 Posts
neoamd said:
dude nice run! Get some more mods and put the RX-7 in his place.
Josh
Beat him to put him in his place?? LOL!! A DSM motor is "above" an RX7?? Come on dude....maybe in the reliability category, but I wouldn't go *THAT* far...

-M

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The guy with the Rx7 has just went out yesterday and full exhust on his car, and now he wants to run it back. I'll let you guys know the out come on friday. Also we have a few turbo civics coming out this friday to our meeting to race my brother with his GSX, he has a 16 killer with an 18g wheel upgrade. Also I'm trying to do a fuel pump rewire on my car, any links would be helpful. Can someone tell me how to post a pic of my car on my screen name.:D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Talontsi150 said:
The guy with the Rx7 has just went out yesterday and full exhust on his car, and now he wants to run it back. I'll let you guys know the out come on friday. Also we have a few turbo civics coming out this friday to our meeting to race my brother with his GSX, he has a 16 killer with an 18g wheel upgrade. Also I'm trying to do a fuel pump rewire on my car, any links would be helpful. Can someone tell me how to post a pic of my car on my screen name.:D
Where is this place in Cali?? I'm in the bay area and would love to watch the runs. Of course, I'll challenge that RX7 when I put Stage 1 on my Talon..:)

I'd love to run that GSX too if my RX7 was running..:(

-M

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm comming from Riverside Ca and it'll be pretty cool if you spank him. Could you tell me when your planning on racing..thanks

·
Banned
190 Posts
my buddy is a rotary freak he has an rx-3 and the old rotary pickup as well as an 87 rx7 N/A and 88 rx7 turbo-II with about 3 grand in mods and has had no relaibilty problems to speak of, but he rebuilt his turbo II about a year ago with all new seals and housing's. I love those cars because for one they are so easy to work on and can really wind out there unlike a piston engine me and him are always challenging each others cars he usually beats me bye a shit load but im pretty much stock for now except for free mods, its great fun though my next car just might be a rx-8 thats if the evo is not all its cracked up to be though laterz all,kevin.

·
Registered
56 Posts
TBoost said:

Beat him to put him in his place?? LOL!! A DSM motor is "above" an RX7?? Come on dude....maybe in the reliability category, but I wouldn't go *THAT* far...

-M
I didnt say that you nut.. I meant for him to keep moding his eclipse so he can beat the Turbo II. Looks like the guy in the Turbo II is modding to keep ahead! Good luck with both!!

Josh

·
Registered
56 Posts
Talontsi150 said:
Watch out man. A full exaust really wakes the rotary cars up! A downpipe for me is about 20+rwhp! (Im a 3rd gen though). If he has a full exaust he is going to need a ful computer of some kind. He doesnt want to lean out and pop the motor. How much boost is he running? 10lbs?

You need to upgrade your turbo.. then you should make a little closer.. with you in the lead ;)

Josh

·
Registered
463 Posts
neoamd said:

If he has a full exaust he is going to need a ful computer of some kind. He doesnt want to lean out and pop the motor. How much boost is he running? 10lbs?
Naaaah, just toss in some 680cc secondaries and it will be fine.

I had a home made Stokes FCD, and some 680's...ran 13-14psi with a full 3" back N1 system and no cats. The car went [email protected] Ran like a champ.

Oh, it was a 87 T-II. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
neoamd said:

Watch out man. A full exaust really wakes the rotary cars up! A downpipe for me is about 20+rwhp! (Im a 3rd gen though). If he has a full exaust he is going to need a ful computer of some kind. He doesnt want to lean out and pop the motor. How much boost is he running? 10lbs?

You need to upgrade your turbo.. then you should make a little closer.. with you in the lead ;)

Josh
Yes, he will lose to that RX7 with full exhaust. But it will depend on the condition of the motor on the RX7 though..:)

Good Luck!

-M

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's up guys, for the people who whats to come to the meeting on friday, we meet up at 7:30: On Riverside ave in Rialto, right next to the New Mc Edees by the 10 freeway, in the empty parking lot. Got some Bad New:mad: My brother will not be racing the turbo civics, SPUN BEARNING last night in Ontario on a White Civic, who beat the RX7 I raced. So it will be left up to me and the Rx7 to Woop on the turbo civics this week. I hope the rain doesn't make it here in Cali until after Fri and Sat:D

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
didn't the turbo 2's run a 14.7ish at a low 90's trap?

on par with the mr2 if I recall

which sadly enough is one step ahead of a stock talon :(
damn our fat assed cars

·
Registered
174 Posts
Steeltwo said:
didn't the turbo 2's run a 14.7ish at a low 90's trap?

on par with the mr2 if I recall

which sadly enough is one step ahead of a stock talon :(
damn our fat assed cars
Nah, they were around 14.9 - 15.1s.

-M

1 - 20 of 21 Posts