DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
We are having a Dsm BBQ/Meet Saturday Feb. 9th in Seguin, Tx....then heading out to the track.
Pm me for details or if your interested.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just wanted to bring this thread back to life and say we're still here.

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
1604 and potranco here.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm from Wichita Falls (right below the border to OK) but I visit SA town all the time because most of family lives there.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm from Wichita Falls (right below the border to OK) but I visit SA town all the time because most of family lives there.
Nice. Give us a shout out the next time you are in town.

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
What kind of electrical issues? Perhaps I could help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well I think I have an idea. One day I thought I’ve connected everything to the battery but forgot to connect the alternator wire. The car idles until I lost all voltage needed to run (battery died). Then I took off my alternator thinking that it was bad and had it checked (like 5 times). It passed all 5 times. So when I decided to put everything back together I realized that the alternator cable wasn't connected to the battery. I connected ALL the wires and the car charged (14v at idle and 12v when off). 2 days later, after thinking that I’ve fixed it, I tried to turn the car on and the battery is dead. Before I connected everything the battery could stay in the car for a couple of days without dying (alternator wire not connected).

I saw my alternator and compared to other DSM and some cars has their alternator grounded. My alternator is not grounded; can it cause the battery to die?

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
I believe that could be contributing to your issue.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hey guys, not from SA TX and I'm kinda getting ahead of myself.
But I should be stationed at sam houston for Xray tech school soon for 11 months. Not sure if i get to bring my car or not, but I would love to meet some TX dsmers. Also I will get back with more info when I know something, I am pumped to come to TX.
Here is my car, but it will have a veteran license plate and stock catback.

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Well, welcome in advance!

Texas ain't so bad ;)

·
Registered
529 Posts
I am looking forward to it. I went and saw my unit yesterday I applied to the may 15th school, should be there for 24 weeks at least.

And I get to drive down, so i need to turn my car from a shell with just a motor, to a complete running and driving car.

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
And reliable for that matter.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Well I think I have an idea. One day I thought I’ve connected everything to the battery but forgot to connect the alternator wire. The car idles until I lost all voltage needed to run (battery died). Then I took off my alternator thinking that it was bad and had it checked (like 5 times). It passed all 5 times. So when I decided to put everything back together I realized that the alternator cable wasn't connected to the battery. I connected ALL the wires and the car charged (14v at idle and 12v when off). 2 days later, after thinking that I’ve fixed it, I tried to turn the car on and the battery is dead. Before I connected everything the battery could stay in the car for a couple of days without dying (alternator wire not connected).

I saw my alternator and compared to other DSM and some cars has their alternator grounded. My alternator is not grounded; can it cause the battery to die?
I had a similar problem with my 1G. It turned out to be the Alternator fuse in the engine bay by the battery. My battery kept dying even after installing a new alternator. Anyway, from the top view the fuse looked fine, but once removed you could tell it was fried from the side - only way you can see it is by removing it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I fixed my electrical problem. It was my alternator not being grounded. Now I’m just waiting to get a wideband. I’m trying to sell some parts on craigslist to fund it. I think DSM in my area is kinda dying. Then again my car is not road worthy since the tags are out.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts