DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Seats

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  joec 
#1 ·
I just had a thought...I know suprising, isn't it. Has anyone heard of or actually tried to put 2nd gen front seats into a 1G? Do they bolt right on or do you have to mod the rails/swap them out? I think Leather would be nice in a 1G daily driver. (But for the price might as well get lighter racing seats and sacrifice the comfort).

Thanks,
Zach
'92 Laser RS Turbo AWD

#2 ·
Y 2g leather seats I had leather seats in my 1g TSi AWD. I didnt like them. When you take a turn to hard, you slide. I would keep one hand on the wheel and 1 hand on the side of the center console. It was a PITA. THe cloth seats were better. And you don't have to worry about the seats getting to hot. I cant tell you how many times I burnt my legs on the seats. And my girlfriend didn't like them. Then I got this excellant buy on a pair of Corbeau Forza II racing seats. By luck they were red like my car. With the rails I paid 300 for the pair. I really like the way they feel. And they are a lot lighter then my sotck seats

------------------
Mitchy
Don't forget the Canooten rod.

#3 ·
The 2G seats have the adjustment that gives you side support to prevent you from sliding. Works great with mine. On the really hard turns you have to press into the seat a little, but no biggie. They are very confortable.

I agree with you about the heat Mitch... they can make you sweat like a pig in the summer and now that I can't use my A/C when its over 90 (because my fmic blocks too much airflow) its bad news :(

Hey nice sig there Mr Canooten :)

------------------
** Ted-95 GSX **

[This message has been edited by WhoaTed (edited September 12, 2000).]

#5 ·
I personally like the 1g seats better than the 2g anyways. Now I am just figuring out a way to modify the 1g seats by taking off the headrest and cutting holes to accept a 4 point harness. Don't know if it will work, or how hard it will be. I figure if I do it right, they will look like expensive racing seats.

I'm poor, so I have to make due with what I can. :D

------------------
John Lewis
1991 Eclipse GS Turbo

#6 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FastFWD:
I personally like the 1g seats better than the 2g anyways. Now I am just figuring out a way to modify the 1g seats by taking off the headrest and cutting holes to accept a 4 point harness. Don't know if it will work, or how hard it will be. I figure if I do it right, they will look like expensive racing seats.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check out the vfaq ( http://www.vfaq.com/mods/5point.html ). Partway down there's some info on "seatbelt grommets" from Corbeau that are used to finish off the holes that are cut in the 1G seat for the shoulder belts. Looks pretty good...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.