DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Founder/Former Owner
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am happy to announce that next week we will upgrade the server. More disk space, more bandwidth, and most importantly, more memory. This should help with the site performance problems we are experiencing.

This has been made possible by the support of sponsors that recognize:
1) The dedication of the DSMtalk.com moderating team, and its desire to foster serious, un-biased, discussion
2) The true grass-roots effort of our community (there is no corporate involvement, we get no resources for free, etc... its paid for by sponsors and members) and
3) The loyal, knowledgeable, and mature core group of members in our community that make our community what it is.

I'll provide more info in an announcement next week. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Sounds great! :D

·
1,770 Posts
Kick ass, so no more "Cannot Display Page" errors?

·
Registered
493 Posts
HOOORAY FOR TED AND THE OTHER MODS. HIP HIP HOOORAY

seriously you guys are awesome. make working in a boring go no where job atleast interesting for a little while. I LOVE YOU GUYS

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,923 Posts
Just wondering how big of a upgrade is this going to be? What size are we at now, and what's it going to be? This is going to be nice. I haven't had too many problems with it as it is now. It's nice that you can actually upgrade before we run into major problems like we had 6-12 months ago. :) :rockon:

·
Founder/Former Owner
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Upgrade complete! Double the ram, double the disk space, and more BW. Moving much faster now. :)

What size are we at now, and what's it going to be?
8 gig disk space available now. (But much of that is used for temporary files, not archives).

·
1,770 Posts
WhoaTed said:
Upgrade complete! Double the ram, double the disk space, and more BW. Moving much faster now. :)

8 gig disk space available now. (But much of that is used for temporary files, not archives).
Pages are loading much faster :)
Thanks Ted, you Rock and Roll :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
am i the only who is still getting a buttload of busy server errors...10:30 central time??

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Captain_Morgan said:
am i the only who is still getting a buttload of busy server errors...10:30 central time??
yea. Maybe there was a mini-upgrade going on. :dunno:

Great work, Ted and mods! :D

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Ted, I'm still getting "Connot connect to server" (or something like that) messages from time to time. I don't think it's my computer because it can last up to about a minute.

·
Registered
493 Posts
mine does the same so your not alone. i will generall see it in the evenings between 7pm and 1am CST. sometimes ealier in the day. its been alot better lately but it still occurs.

·
1,770 Posts
I've gotten the Cannot Display Page Error 3 times so far today. :(

·
Honorary Moderator
1,361 Posts
Not I, I am good to go.

Damn, a guy takes a break, comes back and boom, everything changes, Ted leaves (good luck Ted!!! ;)), sigs are back (great I get to look at Nick's nose picking finger).

Damn I love DSMtalk.com

·
Founder/Former Owner
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've gotten the Cannot Display Page Error 3 times so far today.
This one is a mystery. I am getting it too. We have a team of scientists working on it now :) No doubt, the upgrade has increased the performance, and things are swift. But this old problem needs to be tracked down and stomped on. We'll figure that one out.
(good luck Ted!!!
Thanks Mike!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts