DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a 93 awd 5 speed

mods
18g turbo - big 16g with 18g compressor wheel
fmic and piping
780 fic injectors
walbro 255
gm maf
maf-t
safc 2
2g ported exhaust mani
3" exhaust
greddy bov
egt gague
boost gague
a/f gague

i don't have a data logger or a dsm link i was just wonderng if anyone could let me know what the settings should be at in the safc so that it is driveable until i get it tuned. it was set so that i ran good then my buddy dicked with the safc and now it runs like a bag of shit.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Your fuel trims should be -43% across the board.
Why are you using such large injectors on a afc?

Check to make sure your maf settings are correct. I know on a 2g maf it's karman and the arrow has to be pointing up to the right. Not sure on a 1g though.

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
From what I've read about the SAFC-II 660's are the highest you want to go. Pulling 50% air from the ECU is going to make your timing go absolutely crazy.

Use this to help you with your SAFC tuning. It helped me out a ton.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xwswns0eyb1

You'll need Microsoft Excel to view the file after you download it. It has a ton of helpful information.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Gamble said:
Your fuel trims should be -43% across the board.
Why are you using such large injectors on a afc?
Every car is different, bro, be careful telling people "for sure" things that aren't always for sure.

You can tune your car by yourself using the guages you've got, its not hard at all. Just don't run to lean by the A/F guage, and feel tune.

But all of those who said it will be tough with those injectors are correct. Thats quite a lot of ECU confusion going on, and that can be troublesome. NOT impossible, but difficult.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Your maft needs to correct for the injector sizes, and the afc will be used to fine tune from there. If your maft is not set up properly, then you will be wasting time trying to get the afc to dial your car in.

You need an afpr with the 255, otherwise your idle will be really rich, and your settings in the maft and afc will be compensating for fuel pressure overrun as well as the injectors.

If you can set the maft up for 750's, then do that. Then you'll be adding only roughly 5% to the afc to get everything right.

Do not go WOT until you can get you hands on a logger or wbo2, then find out what's really going on with timing and your a/f ratio. The a/f gauge is no good for this.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
CanadianTSi said:
^^^^ Beat me to it...

Everyone seems to be missing the fact that he's running a MAF-T therefore can hide all the airflow with that and use the S-AFC for minor corrections.

To the OP, you can't really due to much without a logger...
Who gives a damn, a maft and safc do the SAME exact thing, which is hiding airflow from the ecu and throwing more timing, with an injector that big you are going to be seeing WAY too much timing advance up top and it is going to be knocking like a sob.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.