DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You gotta help me guys, i dont know what the [email protected] is up with my 1g gsx.
I went to the track last friday and after each pass i would have the hardest time putting the stick into 5th and R, i would have to bang the stick to the left and then stick it in gear. What is going on? would the v-faq shifer mod fix it? has this happend to any of you?
thanks for the help

·
Registered
836 Posts
Mine trans would do the same wired thing! right after the pass/race I would not be able to change the gears or even sometimes I couldn't get it out of the gear that it was in until I drove on it for a while, I would got really bad if I missed going 1 to second, I've never found out what that was, It has never happened again after I've rebouild my tranny, I would like to find out what the he!l that was...

------------------

[This message has been edited by TurboMitsu (edited September 25, 2000).]

·
Registered
20 Posts
What tranny fluid are you using?

I had the same problem at the track, but that was after missing a shift. I could not get into first or second for about a minute. It scared me enough not to do another pass(had an hour drive home). I haven't had any problems since then, but I haven't been back to the track. Although, I have raced a few times ;)

[This message has been edited by 95Talon (edited September 25, 2000).]

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive never chainged the fluid, but i doesnt feel like its geting hot it feels like the whole shifer box shifts to the right putting 1st and 2nd where 3rd and 4th should be,and making 5th and R hella hard to find.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have seen this problem before it might be a plastic shoe that is in the linkage right at the trans at the shafts. Right on the 2 levers that the cables hook to. The lever that moves the shaft up and down should have the plastic shoe on it. I will try to find a picture for you. It might be your problem. But it could be a few other things but I have seen those crack and fall out before.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Right on top of your trans there are 2 levers that interlock and there is a shoe where they interlock. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
If any of you are having problems with the gear shift lever moving while in 5th gear you need to do some research. Get on and off the gas while in 5th. I wrote the original post on this problem. It has to do with the retaining nut inside the tranny on the input shaft. It has a tendency to loosen. If you ignore this I guarantee you will cause damage. Extensively. Trust an 8 year owner, shop owner and someone who has personally rebuilt these trannies.

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok guys i really need your help i cant find this plastic boot i heard about and i have lost 5th and R all together, i drove to work this morn in 4th and pushed my car backward to get out of the driveway, any help would be appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts