DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help, Ok i just got a new Manual 5 speed transmission with 40k miles on it. got it put into my car and shifts pretty good but alittle notchy. and ounce in a while 1st to 2nd grinds. So i decided I would try some RP 75w-90 and Lucas Transmission fix. But now i did that it shifts horrible, its like hitting a brick wall trying to shift into 1st at a dead stop. Can someone help me please?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Try a different fluid. The Coastal fluid mentioned in the other thread you posted in is pretty cheap. Or check out any of the other brands in the other thread. Did you put the right amount of fluid, are you SURE the trans was good in the first place? My guess is the fluid but you'll never know until you try.

EDIT: It'd also be cheaper to buy new fluid now than to buy a new trans when you find out you used poopie fluid :)

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think i put to much fluid in, but after it messing up i drained some. so i guess ill just drain it all out and get some different fluid. And the tranny was working fine until i decided to change the oil to synthetic.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can too much transmission fluid make it hard to shift or mess anything up?

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, Thanks for all the help guys. ill change my fluid tomorrow... because its sunday and everything is closed. Cant think of any where that i could get Syncromesh on a sunday.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live in Alaska... Dont have autoZone. so i need to find somewhere to get some syncromesh. I'll try the GM dealership tommorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, picked up 3 quarts of GM syncromesh for $42.96. put it in and now shifting smooth again. Thanks for the advice guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.