DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 turbo AWD talon and recently the car has been randomly downshifting and eventually seems to go into limp mode (only stays in 3rd gear.) When i begin driving 1st is nonexistant, starts in second, then will bounce between 3-2-3-2-3 then stay in 3rd. I have already checked and adjusted the TPS with no improvement. I have also tried to pull codes but none are popping up. any help or suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I'd change filter + fluid and drain/fill/drain/fill new fluid for flush effect. That might help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not done end clutches yet. also reverse works fine and I can shift manually from 2nd to 3rd. Ill have to try the fluid first. could the solenoids or TCU cause this and how would i be able to check them?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Could just pull out your tcu and pull off the top and give it the ol smell test. Mine just went bad due to leaky caps. It would start in first move about 2 feet and just stay in third. Other times it would work just fine then just down shift into third until eventually thats all I had. Could just try swapping tcus or buy some switchs and bypass the tcu.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts