DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Please don't hate me for this but I've searched and searched and could not find what I was looking for. I just want to know the Shifting lingo, like dumping the clutch and launching. If you have a link to an article discussing all of this I would greatly appreciate it.

-E Lew

·
Registered
252 Posts
launching is taking off from a stop more or less, like when your at a drag strip for ex. and dumping the clutch to me is pretty much just taking your foot off the clutch and letting it fly.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Dumping the clutch is pretty much letting it out as fast as you can. This is probably how most people launch their car.

Side stepping is slipping your foot to the side and letting the clutch pop out. This is very hard on the drivetrain.

When I launch I get the studderbox going, then release the clutch till the car starts to move, and finally dump it the rest of the way. This all happens really quick though, getting 1.7 and a couple 1.6 60s with an old centerforce clutch.

-Dallas J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts