DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to add a little extra bump to my stock infinity system. I'm going to do the speakers and what not after I get a better head unit, but I was wondering if this is a good deal, just to use until I get some real subs. A kid at my school is selling it.

"Pioneer Amplified Bandpass for sale:

I am selling my trusty sub because I have upgraded and gone bigger. It is a great "little" unit. It is a 10" Pioneer in a self contained amplified bandpass box. It's a 180 watts. It puts out a good clean thump, and fits nicely in most cars. It is easy to install and remove. Included with it is the wiring harness, and tie down straps. The top plexiglass might look scratched, but that is the original plastic peel off cover that has taken the abuse. The unit is in near perfect shape.

I am asking $75 or best offer."

Here's some pics.

Should I buy it? And should I pay 75 or offer less?

Thanks for the help guys, I'm not to familliar with this stuff.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
The corners of the unit look in pretty good shape, so it doesn't seem that any trauma has befallen your potential purchase, i.e. the unit sliding around the back of an SUV !

Make sure to inquire about the Molex plugs on the end ! Seems to be a stickler if those aren't included, would be difficult to get power/ground to the unit. Further, ask how high the gain knob was ever turned ! heh

A self-amplified bass device isn't all that bad, and this one seems more controllable than SAS products, switchable from low pass to high pass. Not too shabby for a quick bass addition. I wonder if it will fit in the spare tire well for an invisible installation ?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have installed many of those tubes, and they have always performed well. At $75, it's a steal. I say go get it before someone else does!

·
Registered
145 Posts
If your just looking to upgrade from stock, its not bad, but do make sure you get the plug. If you want crazy bass, its not for you...

·
Premium Member
12,621 Posts
Apocalypse said:
If your just looking to upgrade from stock, its not bad, but do make sure you get the plug. If you want crazy bass, its not for you...
Thats what I'm saying, they don't pack anywhere near enough power to make me happy let alone anybody else. My neighbor bought a used Kenwood tube for $50 and he is totally dissapointed with it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
but I was wondering if this is a good deal, just to use until I get some real subs
Guys, he's just after a temporary fix until he can move up to "the big league" and for $75 I am going to agree w/ alanseijas it's almost a steal. Yes it might not have good SQ, it might be dissapointing as a serious setup, but he's just wanting some bass for the buck and he can probably even use that in his house or something after he's done w/ it in his car. (just use an ac/dc 12v converter.. I used my old Phoenix Gold Sapphire to power some speakers in my room before I sold it.) I say go for it because it wont put too much of a pinch on your budget for some real subs and a good amp.. I have had no bass (sold bazooka and abovementioned amp) for like.. 2 months now and im goin nuts.. I wanna hurry up and get my damn 8's in and my Mac amp (so much more $$ than I have right now...) Just depends on your tastes.. I have to have bass w/ my music so for me it's a good deal, for someone who can tolerate "tin can" music while saving for the real deal, more power to you... what else can you get for $75 that has a speaker and an amp IN an enclosure?? (no-1 mention Pyramid please...)

-Aaron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts